Sanji and Zoro's Friendship

THERE'S ALWAYS ONE QUESTION IN MY MIND WHEN IT COMES TO THESE TWO BOYS.

ARE THEY EVER GOING TO BE BEST FRIENDS?

TO ME, THEY ALREADY ARE. BUT THEN AGAIN, THEY ARE ALWAYS AT EACH OTHER'S THROATS OVER EVERYTHING.

BUT I'M STILL WAITING FOR THE DAY WHEN THESE TWO RIVALS FINALLY LET GO OF THEIR DIFFERENCES AND BECOME GOOD FRIENDS AND A STRONGER TEAM.

YOUR POV

You, Sanji, and Zoro are captured by Marines in the woods after being out-numbered. The three of you struggle to free yourselves, but with 4 Marines on Sanji and Zoro each and 2 on each of your arms (along with Marines surrounding you like a barrier with guns), it seemed impossible.

Suddenly, Zoro broke his bonds and snatched one his swords to cut your and Sanji's bonds. Once you were free, you used your devil fruit powers to break the Marines' rifles, while Sanji and Zoro kicked ass.

"Let's go!" Sanji called, and all 3 of you began to run through the trees. But you didn't get far. "Stop right there, pirates." a Marine admiral demanded. "You are surrounded. Surrender quietly, and we will take you in alive."

Zoro smirked. "Yeah, like we're going to surrender to you." He now had two of swords out. Sanji lit a cigarette and blew a puff of smoke. "Yeah, what Mosshead said." Sanji turned to you and ordered you to stay close to him, but looking into his eyes, you knew he meant in a perverted way.

"I'm warning you, Pirates!" the admiral shouted. "We will fire! Come peacefully and we will keep you alive." Zoro laughed sarcastically.

"Yeah, right." he smirked. "You Marines threat all you want. I know you won't shoot one of the highest bounty pirates in the seas. You need us alive."

Then, it was the admiral who was smiling now. "Oh? You think so?" he pulled a pistol out and fired it without warning. "Zoro!" you screamed. Sanji zips past you and protects Zoro with his body.

The world seemed to stop. "Sanji..." Zoro breathed, his voice shaking. You watched as Sanji fell back into Zoro's arms. You scrambled to reach them, but your legs wouldn't move.

"How dare you..." Zoro growled. He gently laid Sanji down and stood up slowly. An aura began to form around his tense body. "You will pay for what you have done to my friend."

You don't remember what happened next, and the next you know, you see dead Marines everywhere you looked. Covering your mouth and holding back tears, you gaze over find Zoro back at Sanji's side. You found the urge to move and crawled your way towards them.

"You damn cook..." was the first thing you heard from Zoro. "Why did you do that?" There was no answer. You looked upon where the bullet had hit him right in the stomach. He was struggling to breathe. You let out a sob, and grasped Sanji's hand. Your eyes widen when you realized it was growing cold.

Zoro stroked away Sanji's bangs, revealing both closed eyes. He cradled his head in lap and bit his lip. "Damn it...this can't be happening!" Zoro let the first tear drop.

Sanji forced his eyes to open. "It's not your fault, Mosshead, so don't go thinking it is." He coughed up blood and sank deeper into Zoro's lap. You could tears forming in both men's eyes. Zoro, then, scooped Sanji's shoulders in his arms and held him close. "You are not dying on me, you damn cook."

Sanji forced a smile. "Oh yeah? How are you going to stop it." He coughed again. Then, he took hold of Zoro's arm. "I'm sorry, Zoro. For wasting our friendship." Sanji's voice was getting weaker.

"No, don't say that. I'm the one who should be apologizing." Zoro bit his lip. "Just stay with me, and don't die." Sanji let out a small laugh.

"You can't stop this." he smiled. "I'm just glad I died for saving a best friend's life." Sanji's eyes began to close. Zoro began to shake him. "No! You can't die! Sanji!"

"SANJI!" Zoro's voice echoed through the quiet forest. The world seemed to stop again.

The day ended with Zoro kissing Sanji's forehead.