IMAGINES- Ace

You walk hand in hand with Portgas D. Ace down the cobble-stoned path. It was night, but the road was lit by the bright full moon and stars. The silhouettes of the trees added mystery to the romantic scene.

It's been about 4 years since you joined Ace's side. You wanted to repay him for saving your life. Being saved from pirates by a pirate seemed like irony at the time, but wonderful irony. Ace let you tag along for the company, and you two have become the best of friends.

"Y/N," Ace said, his voice was music to your ears. The freckles on his upper cheeks teased you as his jawline moved when he said your name. His messy black curls hung right above his handsome eyes. "What is it, Ace?" you asked dreamily, distracted by his wonderful white smile. "Is there anything in this world that you want?"

You laughed at the question. "What do you mean? That's an odd question to ask." Ace laughed, too, though he seemed serious when he asked. "I want to know," he insisted. "I want to get you something, but I need to what you want." You placed your left hand on Ace's bare shoulder and leaned into him while tightening the grip of your right hand.

"I don't want anything, Ace. I have everything I could possibly need to be happy." you insisted, smiling sweetly to Ace. Ace grinned back. "Is that so?" he said, raising one brow. "What is it that makes you so happy?"

"Silly, isn't it obvious?" you joked. Ace shrugged, which made you laugh. "Maybe," he said, swaying playfully as you two walked. "but I'm still asking." You rolled your eyes. "You're impossible."

"So?" Ace said, raising both eyebrows now. "What makes you so happy?" You stopped walking, making Ace's expression change a little. "What is it, Y/N?"

"It's not what makes me happy; it's who. And that who is you, Ace. You are the one who makes me happy." you breathed, and both you and Ace were quiet for a moment. All you could hear were crickets in the air.

"Y/N..." Ace said, pulling you close. You placed you temple on his chest and breathed in his scent. "Yes, Ace." you said, closing your eyes and smiling. "I want to stay with you and always be with you forever."

"I want that, too." Ace whispered in your ear. "I want that, too." You lifted your head and stared into his eyes. Then, you realized his face was getting closer. Before you even knew it, your lips were touched by the sweetest and softest pair you could never dream of.

It was perfect.

"Y/N...will you stay with me always?" Ace asked softly, pressing his forehead to yours.

"Portgas D. Ace..." you kissed his lips.

"There's no one else in this world...who could make as happy as I am right now or ever in my life."