IMAGINES- Ace

It's been 8 years.

8 years since you left his side.

He told you he would be back in a few years. At most, 4. You were ok with that.

But 8 years....

You were worried. Waiting on your island, looking out to the ocean, you dreamed of the day when you could run out into the salty water and into his strong warm arms.

Luffy had left, too. About 5 years ago. You asked him before he left to tell Ace you were still waiting for him when they met. Luffy said he would keep his promise.

You began to give up hope that Ace was still alive.

No, you told yourself everyday. Today's the day he'll come back. I just know it.

5th of May, the day Ace left for his journey. You gazed upon the open sea and breathed in the scent of the ocean. You longed to sit here with Ace and hear all about his amazing adventures.

Suddenly, you saw it. A ship. A pirate ship.

You sprinted down the hill and rolled halfway the path. As your bare feet hit the soft sand, the ship docked and a man hopped down from the deck, splashing down in the water.

"Ace!" you cried, as you crashed into his body, knocking both of you in the shallow water. "I thought I'd never see you again!" Tears of joy ad relief filled your eyes as you emerged from the water.

"I promised I would come back, didn't I?" Ace laughed, and swallowed you in his arms. "I'm so sorry I took so long, Y/N." He buried his face in your shoulder.

You lifted his chin and wiped away his wet bangs from his eyes. "It was worth every minute seeing you now."

Ace cupped the back of your neck and pulled you forward, connecting your lips in a long passionate moment.

Yes, it was all worth the wait.