Zoro's Deditcation Part 1

ZORO'S POV

"Alright!" I heard Nami call. "Listen up! That means you too, Zoro."

I yawned and opened one eye to see what was the commotion. Everyone had gathered around Nami, who held up what looked like a map.

"We are here." She pointed at the shoreline on the map. Oh great, I thought. Another island. I didn't care. I always ended up on ship-watching duty anyway.

"Zoro, you are in charge of collecting fruit with Sanji."

I groaned. Not only I had to get up from my nap, but I had to go with the love cook, too.

"Alright," Sanji smirked. "I don't want to travel with you just as much as you don't with me." I rolled my eyes and tossed the fruit basket over my shoulder. "Let's split up. It'll be easier to more fruit anyway that way." I agreed blankly and trudged off on an open path.

Not long after beginning, I found a huge tree with tons of different colored food. I decided that it was good enough and began to climb the trunk.

Grasping the hilt of my katana, I sliced the top of each of the stems and let the fruit fall to the ground. Then, my right leg hooked around a vine and I lost my balance. I swung upside down.

I tried to reach the vine to cut it, but was short by centimeters. "Damn it," I cursed. I tried swinging back and forth to break it, but that did no good either.

"Hey, how you hanging?" I heard a woman's voice below me. I tilted my head and spotted her at the foot of the tree. She was laughing at me.

"Hey! Can you get me down?" I called to her. The woman made a face that looked like she was thinking about and grinned. "Sure." she said. "But only if you help me with something back."

"Fine, fine. Just get me down." I was getting irritated the more this girl talked. I watched as she unsheathed a white-hilted katana and she launched herself up to my level.

"Air Slash!" her voice echoed, and the vine was cut. I fell back to the ground on my feet. "Thanks." I said, noticing she had an extra sword hanging from her side. "Two-sword style, huh?"

The woman laughed, and I got a good look at her features. She had a black boy-cut with long bangs coming just above her sea-green eyes. She was just a little bit shorter than me. Her skin was pale and I spotted a few scars on both her arms.

But the real scar was on the right side of her face. The jagged white line started in the middle of her forehead and crossed her right eye and ended at the corner of her lip.

I wondered who gave her that scar and I lost focus to what the woman was saying.

"Hey!" she yelled, catching my attention. "What are you doing? I'm trying to be polite here after saving your life!"

"Sorry." I muttered. I could've swore she looked familiar. "I'm Zoro, by the way. What's your name again? You remind me of someone."

"My name is Colette. And I'm the daughter of Hawk-Eye Mihawk himself."