Luffy's Hat Part 5

LUFFY'S POV

"Please don't cry, Winter." I sighed, kneeling down to her level. I rested my hands on her shoulders. I gritted my teeth. What do I do?

"Shanks is all I have left." she sniffed. "I have to find him."

"So that's what you're doing." I smiled to make her feel better. Winter's lips tugged at a smile. "Yeah, I guess becoming Queen of the Pirates will have to wait." Both of us let out a satisfying laugh.

I slipped my straw hat off my head and stared at it. "This hat is a promise to him." I breathed. "I told him that I would become a great pirate and find the greatest treasure in the world."

Winter smiled. "You're almost there."

I laughed and placed the hat on her head. Her shocked reaction made me laugh even more.

Winter's face suddenly turned red, and she jerked away to hide it for some reason. "I didn't think you would let other people touch your straw hat."

I grinned. "I choose who gets to. I only let the people I care about most wear it."

Winter gazed upward at me with her wide eyes. "Care about most?" she breathed. "You care about me?"

"Of course!" I said, like it was a dumb question. "Anyone who's close to Shanks is a friend of mine."

Winter smiled and wiped the remaining tears away. "Thank you, Luffy. That means a lot to me."

Then, she turned her body to where her whole being was facing me. "Luffy, can I request something?" she asked, smiling. "Um...sure." I gulped.

"I want to meet your crew."