CHAPTER 15

One week later

Anne decided to go to Eric's place. She called him and asked him to meet her at the cafe which was near to her dorm. It was 9 in the evening. When he was about to reach the cafe she texted him, "I'm sorry Eric my mother came here unannounced. I don't think I can make it up this time. Hope you will understand. I'm sorry and I love you."

Meanwhile, she sneaks out into his house. She hides herself in the cupboard of the room he doesn't use. She had prepared a cake for him all by herself. It was the first time she entered someone's property unannounced, she was scared but was excited. She was waiting for him and meanwhile, she set the alarm. 

It was 11 pm and Eric was not back yet. Anne slept while waiting.

Eric came back at 11:15 pm. He was looking upset. 

He threw himself on the sofa and was looking at his phone. He was waiting for Anne to call her little did he know that she was already at his place. 

"I hope she remembers that tomorrow is my birthday."

He was changing sides while waiting for her call. 

Time was about 11:58 and suddenly he heard an alarmed voice coming out from his second room. He gets up from the sofa and runs towards the kitchen and holds a knife.

He started moving toward his room and then towards the cupboard. Suddenly the alarm stopped. He opened the cupboard and ran backward at high speed and then he noticed the sleeping figure of Anne. 

She was sleeping peacefully. She turned off the alarm and slept again. 

He was smiling while looking at her. 

He held her in bridal style and was about to place her on the bed. She opened her eyes, "Happy birthday Baby."

"Did she call me baby?" He thought. It was the first time she called him baby. 

The next thing she did surprised him even more. She kissed him.

Eric was going crazy and suddenly he realized that she was already asleep. 

He smiled at her and kissed her forehead. He put the cake in the fridge and joined her in bed. He too drifted to sleep very soon. 

The next day when Eric woke up he noticed that Anne was with cake but she was again drifting to sleep. He admired her a little and then went straight to the washroom and took a shower.

Anne was still sleeping. "Wakey wakey you sleepy head. 

She opened her eyes" Happy birthday Eric. I'm sorry I slept again." She said while rubbing her eyes.

He kissed her forehead and said thank you. She then lit the candles and sang a birthday song for him. He blows them and cuts the cake.