CHAPTER 55

He came near her and removed the heel of her one foot and broke it. She was looking at him with shock. He ruins her makeup a little and also tears her gown. Later he asked her to lie on the floor and close her eyes. She did as she was told. He handed her white lilies and touched her hair to mess them up a little.

He brings a new canvas near her and starts painting, soon he scolds her. "Anne, you need to calm yourself, stop moving your eyes....... Why are you moving your hand, you are distracting me."

Anne tried to calm herself down, she started counting in her mind, one....two.....three.....fifty-seven..... ninety-five.....

She drifted to sleep, after two hours James woke her up and she was again like "Who are you? Where am I?" But she remembered everything in a few seconds.

"Wow, Anne, you are earning dollars by nodding off," James said playfully.

Anne was so embarrassed that she didn't say anything.

"Can I see what you have made?" She asked after a few seconds, which James refused saying that you'll see this in the exhibition not before. 

She was annoyed by his answer but did not show this on her face.

"We are done for the day and you can go home if you want to," James said while giving her his hand to get up.

Anne nodded and held his hand. 

She gets up and takes her bag to the bathroom where she quickly changes to her clothes.

James was not there, maybe he was in the gallery, she thought and her eyes again landed on the glass window. Her feet drag her there and she saw Bob there, so it was a gown, not a lamp, she giggled.

Her eyes were fixed on shirtless Bob, he was staring at his art, his eyes were not satisfied, soon his eyes saw frustration. He broke his artwork by dropping it on the floor. He washed his hands, grabbed his shirt and jacket, and left the room.

Anne was shocked, why did he do so? It looked good. She came out only to meet Bob's scary glare. She backed off a little but he came close to her. He raised his hand, Anne closed her eyes in fear but soon she felt a wet soft touch on her forehead, she opened her eyes widely, he handed her wet tissue which earlier he was using on Anne.

"Paint", he said while glaring at her and showing her a wet wipe.

" Thank you," She said and dropped her eyes.