CHAPTER 52

They come out and both run for their part-time work.

Ava works three days a week and Anne works every day.

"Again late?" Boss looks at them with disappointed eyes.

"Did you lose weight?" Ava asked.

"No"

"You are looking more beautiful."

"Really."

"Yes, why would I lie?"

"Okay, now stop flattering me and change quickly," Boss said with a shy smile.

Anne and Ava looked at each other and smiled. Women are easy to handle, isn't it? Just tell them you lose weight or you look gorgeous, all their anger fades away then.

The day ended well and they came back to their dorm.

Ava was fighting with Nathan over something. "These guys will never change," Anne thought and did a video call with her parents to tell them about the offer she got. They were happy. Her father was missing her and he asked her to come here which she refused saying that you left me alone here now I am not coming which of course she was joking. His father was getting late so he left. She talked a little more with her mother and Noam. She finally hung up because his school bus arrived. As usual, her mother ran and packed his remaining things, "They are the same everywhere, be it the USA or any other part of the world." Anne thought and chuckled.

Shanghai, China is 14 hours ahead of Austin, Texas, USA but they never let this time difference ruin their family bond. Her father always said everything can be worked out if you want to.

She was alone in this city (except Ava), her family was in China, her boyfriend, too was in a different province as well but their bond was getting stronger day by day because they wanted to. Sometimes she does feel lonely but this technology has already covered this gap.

It is well said, "A person does not feel lonely when he is alone but feels when there is no one to care about him." She was far from all of her loved beings but still, she was pampered by them.

Later she called Eric and our love birds talked for more than two hours. They had their dinner together on a video call. They flirt with each other( okay, Anne was not flirting, it was Eric who was teasing her).

Again a beautiful and peaceful day passed with happiness.