CHAPTER 91

Eric, Anne and her father decided to go to the police station. They drop Ava back to her dorm, though she was not ready to leave her side but aunt somehow persuades her to go and take care of herself.

Anne's mom decided to stay at the condo till they came back. 

Anne's father's friend who was a lawyer came to the station and finally, Anne gave her statement and they came back after three hours. 

Bob was sent to jail but he tried to get out on parole. Eric was aware of how this system works but seeing Anne in this situation makes me feel very angry. She was so broken when they got to know that he might get the parole, she was barely controlling her tears.

She was sitting next to her father while Eric drove them home. 

It was 2 pm, Anne's mother served them lunch and after eating lunch they decided to go back to their home. Eric knew that he can't ask them to stay any longer. It would be better if Anne stayed away from this place for some time. The lawyer will tell them the date on the phone and they don't have much work here.

"Can I come with you?" He asked hesitantly.

"What about your college?" Her father asked.

"I can take some holiday."

"No, you should not, Eric I do not doubt that you love her but you need to be stronger, we are here now, we'll handle the things. I promise you that I'll take good care of her, you should also concentrate on your studies."

"It is Saturday tomorrow, can I come with you? I promise I'll attend university on Monday at any cost."

It was difficult but he convinced her. They had a two and half hour drive till they reached their home. 

There was a bus stop that was five minutes away from their home, nearby houses were almost vacant. Overall it was a peaceful place.
Eric helped Anne's mom in arranging and cleaning the house. He went to buy some groceries and Anne was sitting on the couch watching Eric and her mom. After they were done, she got up and held his hand and said," Come with me."

She was smiling and he was at the ninth cloud at that moment. She takes him to her room. 

"Her room was like her, it smelled like her. I know it sounds weird but that is true." Eric thought. She settled herself in her bed and he was watching everything in detail. He had never been to her room before so it was very new to him. She is not very organized, he could see that but it was still beautiful. 

After dinner her father was cleaning the table and her mother was doing dishes. Eric was sitting with Anne, he gave her medicines. She became quiet again and that was killing him.