8

☆ 8. Rainy season

font record

Previous chapter table of contents next chapter

During the rainy season

, Weihuo felt something mysterious. The moment the white light disappeared into his body, he was as warm as eating a whole sweet potato in the cold winter. The white light traveled through his body until it finally attached to his hands, making his whole body feel warm.

Clenching his hands into fists and then unclenching them again and again, Weihuo felt that his hands seemed cleaner.

[Purification Power]: Purify messes, pollution sources, pollutants, etc.

This talent trait comes at just the right time.

Weihuo, who was in a happy mood, narrowed his eyes with a smile, and even swung the spatula harder. He wished he could catch a polluting animal now to try the effect.

When the last dish was put on the plate, the sky gradually became dark. Weihuo, who was sitting by the window and preparing to enjoy the food, saw large dark clouds approaching from a distance.

His heart suddenly lifted, and he immediately thought that the rainy season was coming.

I didn't even think about eating anymore.

Soon I saw the town guards coming from the door to the junction of the wild and the outside of the town in an orderly manner. The guards were wearing special raincoats and armor, tightly wrapped from head to toe. They were in groups of five, holding weapons in their hands and guarding them. Look around.

Dark clouds had completely enveloped the town, and it was pitch black outside.

"Pap, tap."

The first drop of rain fell like a soldier exploring the path. Following the signal from the leading soldier, more and more companions rushed forward, with uniform movements and a deafening sound of treading the ground.

The rain washed away the town. At the moment when it rained, Weiho closed the doors and windows tightly and lit candles to illuminate the small houses.

He walked to the bed, took out the dagger, wiped it repeatedly, and listened to the noise outside.

The pollutants hidden in the forest emitted strange light from their eyes, and like thieves, they sneaked into the ranks of soldiers and approached the guards who were gathered together.

"Dong dong dong." The heart was beating violently, as if it would jump out of the chest in the next second.

This was not the first time that Xia Li faced pollutants in the rainy season, but this time it made him extremely uneasy.

"Ho ho ho!"

"Boom." More and more pollutants gathered together and ran quickly towards the town.

The dark sky hides their figures, and the rainy season weakens their roars.

A larger pollutant squatted behind a big tree and stared at the guards. Its round eyes were rolling around among the guards, intending to find the weakest half-insect man and attack them one by one. However, it was like a light bulb. His eyes met the guard captain Xia Li's eyes in the darkness.

"Squeak——"

Xia Li's talent trait is reconnaissance, and he has the highest level among the guards. However, the arrival of the rainy season has greatly weakened everyone's talent trait.

"There is a pollutant approaching at the three o'clock position and the eight o'clock position. Each guard will obey the order and swear to protect the town to the death and kill the pollutant." Xia Li took a breath and shouted loudly.