73

☆ 73. Harvest

font record

Previous chapter table of contents next chapter

After

a while, Xiao Ya stopped at the door of the restaurant and poked her head in, sniffing the aroma of the food in the store.

Even though she just finished eating the skewers, she fell in love with this store in just a short time.

It happened that a restaurant was selling new products, one cup cost two gold coins, and three cups of different flavors cost only six gold coins. Xiao Ya said that today was a good day.

Just as I was about to drag my grandma into the store to spend money, there was a pull on the hand being held.

Xiaoya turned back to look at her mother in confusion, and saw her mother gently shaking her head at her.

The excitement in her heart was relieved immediately, and she knew that this meant that it was not allowed.

Ever since I can remember, every gold coin at home has been spent on food, and even this time I came out to buy food.

After thinking about this, Xiao Ya stopped insisting and wanted to go into the store to buy soy milk. She regained her mood and watched the customers in the store rushing to buy soy milk for the last time, then followed her grandma and walked away. .

In addition to the ones sold in the store, Yunxi quickly delivered the remaining 100 cups of soy milk to the entrance of the town.

This time will be the last wave of residents of Xikou Town.

Unlike the previous two waves of young adults and people with families, this wave was more of a group of half-insects who were alone and mostly poor in Xikou Town.

The reason why they came so slowly was also related to the fact that they didn't have enough food and warm clothes.

There was no food in their stomachs, so they had no strength to walk on this long journey. In addition, they were wearing light clothes. On average, every time they walked a certain distance, they would see a half-insect man curled up on the ice with his eyes closed forever.

Too many people froze to death alone. The only thing that could support them to reach Wusen Town was to persist in surviving and surpass the half-insect people ahead one after another.

There is hope only if you are alive.

Fortunately, they finally made it to Wusen Town alive, but their condition at this time could not be said to be good.

Without enough food and nutrition for a long time, these half-insect people looked thin and small. They were dressed in rags and walked in the ice and snow for so long. Their whole bodies were covered with a layer of frost.

Since the residents who arrived this time might not have gold coins to pay for the soy milk, Xia Li took the initiative and asked them to write an IOU. He would let them in first and then find jobs to pay off their debts.

After all the half-insects signed and signed, the guards began to distribute soy milk, one cup to each person, with random flavors.

Yun Xi also helped hand out soy milk to these half-insect people.

What came forward was a half-year-old boy with sunken cheeks and numbness. Different from the previous two waves of panting residents, this man's chest did not rise and fall, and there was no exhaled water vapor in his mouth and nose. It seemed that he had not come all the way here, which made Yun Xi doubt whether this person was still alive.