52

☆ 52. Something bad happened (ends with an inverted v)

font record

Previous chapter table of contents next chapter

Something bad is going on (ends with an inverted V)

. The heavy snowfall last night still affected the residents' travel. There were only a few half-insect people wandering around the normally bustling commercial street.

Two young half-insect men wearing cotton-padded clothes and knitted hats walked slowly down the street with their heads hunched and their hands kicking their pockets, leaving a trail of footprints. From a distance, they looked like two cubs, one black and one brown.

The two of them stepped on the thick snow in knee-high boots, which made a "creep" sound.

In fact, this kind of snowy day is the most suitable for building snowmen, but the residents of Wusen Town have no intention of doing so.

Even the youngest cubs know that when it snows, their parents no longer go to work.

Not going to work means that your family will go hungry. Residents who have food in storage will be better off. They will be much better off if they survive this period.

Residents who didn't have any food in stock went to work and paid gold coins to buy food, or exchanged it directly with the leader for the corresponding food.

But its not impossible to work on a snowy day. The snow and frost that fell in Wusen Town require half-insect men to clean it up.

You only need to work for half a day every day to receive ten kilograms of food or 100 gold coins, and you will also be provided with hot breakfast for the half-insects who come to clean every day.

This kind of job is often a good job that many half-hearted people can't grab even if they try hard to get it.

Two half-insect men, one black and one brown, went to sign up after work yesterday. Unfortunately, neither of them was recruited.

Since they had no work today, they had no choice but to go out and try their luck. If a half-insect person collapsed due to the cold, they could take over, but the gold coins and food would be half less.

But even if it's half less, it's still enough.

The half-insect man in black clothes felt hungry all the way and couldn't help but sigh: "It's so cold today. I'm cold and hungry now. Yesterday, it snowed without any sign of it falling. I was so anxious that I asked for leave." Go back and collect your clothes."

"Hey, who can say otherwise? I thought it would only rain for a while and I didn't ask for leave. When I went back in the evening, I saw that there was a thick layer of snow and frost on my clothes and they were frozen hard. They were washed in vain. ."

Thinking that he might not be able to find a job today, the half-insect man in brown clothes felt depressed.

"Do you think we should go get something to eat first?"

The half-insect man in black clothes was really hungry. He had eaten cold food when he got home last night, and now he was in urgent need of something hot, preferably spicy.

"It's so cold today and there are not many shops open. How can I sell you anything to eat?"

It seemed that his companion was not thinking about finding a job but eating instead. Brown Clothes was so angry that he started to yell at him. , "Even if there is a shop open, do you have gold coins? Can you afford it?"

"You already lost half a day's salary by asking for leave yesterday. If you don't look for a job today, you might as well just open your mouth and drink the northwest wind now. The amount is huge. I still have enough to worry about."