49

☆ 49. Snow

font record

Previous chapter table of contents next chapter

The second he called out the hero, Xue

was stabbed twice in the waist.

This time the force was stronger, as if he was answering, or perhaps answering an unanswered question from last time.

The two of them tacitly communicated to each other, and just started playing back and forth.

The hero would poke him from time to time, and when he responded, the hero would squeeze his shoulders, as if whispering "Thank you for your hard work" in his ear.

There was no movement for a long time after that.

After a while, when he sat down to rest, he thought the hero was gone and felt movement on his legs again.

"So you're still here." Weihuo, who was a little stunned, came back to his senses and chuckled.

The next second was followed by two corresponding jabs.

Small snowflakes began to fall outside in the afternoon, and at night the small snowflakes outside turned into large snowflakes, falling in a thick layer, and only a patch of white could be seen through the window.

After hurriedly taking a comfortable hot bath, Weiho came out wearing only thin long-sleeved pants and was suddenly exposed to a temperature different from the temperature in the bathroom.

His hands exposed to the cold air quickly became cold, and when his fingers rolled up his sleeves and touched his skin, goosebumps arose. The hairs on his body when he stood were clearly visible, telling him that even if he didn't pay attention to keeping warm in the room, he would still be injured. Frozen.

In just a few minutes, the heat in his body was replaced by coldness, and his legs began to shake unnaturally.

Everything was a new experience that he had never had before.

But if he continues to stay like this, he will catch a cold. If he misses tomorrow's store opening ceremony because of illness, the residents of Wusen Town will probably secretly laugh at him for being the first store owner to fall ill on the eve of opening a store.

And he didn't want to drag his sick body to prepare food for customers. Not to mention that the cold would make him lose his sense of smell and taste. Even if he accidentally infected the customer, he wouldn't have to open his shop.

No half-insect person wants to get sick just for a meal.

After thinking about it, Weiho walked towards the bedroom while wrapping his arms around himself and rubbing his arms up and down, which not only made his limbs less stiff but also warmed up his upper body.

Fortunately, I had stocked up on some coal before and kept it unused.

He turned around and reached the storage room.

Weiho took out the put away stove from the storage room and picked up a bag of coal and walked back to the bedroom.

Opening the door, it was still quite cold in the small bedroom.

He thought for a moment and lifted the stove under the window.

Not knowing whether there would be smoke from the coal, Weiho had to open the window and leave a crack so that even if there was smoke, it would not spread all over the house.

Viho put enough coal into the furnace to fill it, and he lit the top one, a flash of red reflected in the black-gray coals.

Soon there was a crackling sound in the stove and the charcoal fire was burning, and soon the whole room became warm.