127

☆ 127. Rain

font record

Previous chapter table of contents next chapter

Yu

said he wanted to sleep in, but Xie Xingzhu was not vague at all. He opened his eyes and sat up from the bed at around eight o'clock the next morning.

The only advantage of being in an underground city is that you don't have to face the sun as soon as you go out.

But it is underground after all, so a night light is placed on the wall outside each single room to illuminate the surroundings.

When he woke up, Xie Xingzhu found that his parents were not in the house.

It was quiet outside, and for a moment he seemed to be back in the morning before the high temperature.

Xie Xingzhu stood up and changed out of his pajamas, picked up the clothes he had placed next to the pillow last night and put them on, then walked to the corner near the door with his slippers on.

There was a small folding shelf with only three layers. On the top was a cup for the family of three to use for washing, with three neat towels in the middle. At the bottom was water and a washbasin for washing.

Judging from the other two used wash cups and damp towels, my parents should have been up long ago.

He must have gone to the canteen to buy breakfast at this time. Xie Xingzhu squatted in the corner, brushing his teeth and thinking about it silently.

"Thump thump thump—" There was a sound of footsteps outside the door.

With a "swish" sound, the door curtain was lifted from the outside.

Yu Shuo poked his head inside, holding a meat bun in his mouth

and slurred: "Azhu, are you up yet?" "Yeah!" "Get up, get up."

"Come on, come on, come and have breakfast. There are big meat buns in the cafeteria today, they are delicious."

"Uncle and aunt are at my house."

When Xie Xingzhu heard that there were big meat buns for breakfast, Xie Xingzhu immediately speeded up his movements. , he cleaned himself up in a few moments, turned around and followed Yu Shuo to the next door with a smile.

The two families were very close to each other. Even if they didn't have to keep the curtains closed, they would know if any strangers had broken in when they arrived at Yu Shuo's house.

But when Xie Xingzhu followed leisurely, he found that the underground city that was noisy and lively yesterday could only see a few residents walking around outside like them this morning.

He didn't know why until he got to the next door.

"Did you run out to get wet in the rain?"

Xie Xingzhu's mouth opened in shock. Ms. Chen became playful when she saw this, and stuffed a big meat bun into his mouth at the right time.

Xie Xingzhu glanced at his mother helplessly, then took a bite of the bun while holding Ms. Chen's hand.

The buns in the cafeteria have thin skin and big fillings. When you take a bite, you can bite the meat filling in the middle.

The smell of meat lingered in his nose for a long time, and it also aroused his appetite.

The next second, Xie Xingzhu's stomach growled.

Ms. Chen watched lovingly as the juniors were eating meat buns one after another. She had already had breakfast with Lao Xie in the cafeteria, and now she was here to chat with her old friends.