Hall of Fame

But that was then

But that was then. This is now. Tonight, was the night. The yearly event; the annual WWE Hall of Fame. The only event during the year where past and present WWE superstars dress up in something other than gear to enjoy the presence of legends. Both past and current superstars join together for one night to celebrate how far the history of wrestling has evolved.

After a long drive from the hotel to the Amway Centre,  I made it. All of the hard work finding the perfect outfit to then have it altered had finally paid off and here I am. My nerves were starting up again and my legs began trembling. I mean sure, I have been on Monday Night Raw for a matter of months now, but there was something about tonight that felt different. As I walked into the room, all I could see was lights, sparkling gowns, and individuals everywhere. Literally everywhere. I felt so out of place. Legends and idols like Shawn Michaels, Michelle McCool, the boss man himself Vince McMahon were all in the same room, and then there was me. Me! Brooklyn Levya from Lancaster. What business did I have been here?

45 Minutes later and the show started. But I wasn't alone. As well as being able to wrestle in front of millions of people, I've also had the chance to make friends with people who share the same passion as I do. When I first moved to the 'Big Apple', I moved in with Becky Lynch, Cedric Alexander and Seth Rollins, and we have all remained friends to this day! When I was in NXT, I met some amazing people, Carmella, Alexa and my best friend Sasha Banks, and I'm not gonna lie, it felt amazing to see them again! Being on the road 24/7 has completely changed my lifestyle, meaning that I've had little to no time for friends.

After walking down the red carpet, continuously smiling for the cameras with Sasha, it was my time to be interviewed by Michael Cole. Sasha had already swept through her interviews, leaving me to be alone. "So Brooklyn, you are looking absolutely incredible tonight, can you tell me about what you're wearing?" He began as he eyed my gown up and down. "Well, my dress was custom made by my good friend Michael Costello, and these shoes are my aunt's! She gave them to me before my first match here in WWE and I knew I had to wear them tonight." "Now tomorrow is your first ever WrestleMania, and you have a match against Alicia Fox, what is your strategy going into WrestleMania?" "Ah, my strategy. Michael, my strategy is; don't take a loss. I will not let Alicia think she can overpower me. Yes I may be the new girl around here, but don't underestimate me, or she'll regret it. No, scrap that, come tomorrow, she's going to regret ever getting involved in my business." I have to admit, maybe that was a bit too much, but it was the truth. "Final question Brooklyn." Michael said as he looked pretty scared of me. "You look incredible, absolutely amazing. Social media is constantly buzzing about you, so I have to ask: are you seeing anybody?" That was a bit shocking, nobody was ever asked about being in a relationship before. I didn't know how to respond. "You know what Michael?" I spoke as I wished I didn't start stuttering. "I am single, some of the WWE Universe may know of my past relationship, but that doesn't matter, I am older, and wiser, but for now, my life is solely focused on capturing the Raw Women's Championship." I felt proud of how I answered that so I walked away as TJ Perkins approached Michael Cole whilst eyeing me up and down; much like Michael did.

The remaining interviews came to a halt and the ceremony was moments away from approaching. It took a while to find my seat, I was rows away from Sasha so this was uncomfortable for me being away from her. "Ah seat D4." I mumbled to myself as I saw a seat with my name and face on. I must admit, the photo was quite flattering, and seeing my name on a chair made me feel special. "Well I might as well see who I'm sitting with." I chuckled as I looked at the seating arrangements next to me. "TJ Perkins and Brian Kendrick. Huh, this is going to be a fun evening!"