Seal the Deal

Being on the road constantly definitely put a strain on relationships. Teej and I tried to have date night at least once a fortnight, which we did maintain, but it was difficult finding time for each other.

It was after a live event in Texas that we had another date night. This time, he had chosen a dainty restaurant, we wasn't too bothered about where we were, as long as we were together. But this one felt different, so we actually decided to look good for each other, which meant not Star Wars shirts!

 But this one felt different, so we actually decided to look good for each other, which meant not Star Wars shirts!

As we got into the restaurant, we spent about twenty minutes taking photos with fans, which was the usual protocol. After forty minutes, we had both finished eating, and were currently holding hands as he took sneaky secret photos of me. Onlookers thought we were being rude to each other by being on our phones, but we didn't care; we were by far the weirdest couple! "God, you look beautiful tonight." He smiled as he eyed me up and down. "How did I ever get so lucky to have such a beauty?"

He took me out of the restaurant by my hand and drove to the first place we actually spent time together; the Amway Centre

He took me out of the restaurant by my hand and drove to the first place we actually spent time together; the Amway Centre. This place was so special to us, to our relationship as it was where the Hall of Fame was and where we started falling for each other. "What are you doing, weirdo?" I smiled as he took us to two seats in the venue. "I booked the entire place for us tonight, and in fact, these seats, are the actual seats in the spot where we met. I know the restaurant wasn't much, and work has been very hectic, so I wanted to make it up to you." He never ceased to amaze me. "Babe, you don't need to do anything, as long as I have you, I'm happy." I grinned as I kissed him softly.

We spent around half an hour just reminiscing about our relationship, how we met, how we are now, our success. "I want you to know, there isn't a day that goes by where I don't think about you. Ever since the Hall of Fame, all I have done is thought about you, your body, your mind, your love. Everything. I have never felt this way about anyone before, you've gave me everything, love, laughter, sadness, but most of all, happiness. With you being here, I understand why life happens, those times before I met you are such a blur, a blur I never want to go back to." We were holding hand, and I felt his palms get sweaty, and he was breathing very heavily, so I tried comforting him by kissing his forehead. "You've gave me the highlights of my life, whether it's going to live events with lipstick stains on my face thanks to your kisses, or nearly getting caught craving you at work. There's nobody else I'd want to do that, just you. I wrote a speech for this moment, but it doesn't seem right. Nothing does. Only this." I was confused as he got down on one knee. "Brooklyn Levya, will you do me the honour, and...help me tie my laces?" I knew he was a joker, so I decided to help him. Once I helped him, he kept smirking at me, which definitely creeped me out, but I wasn't too bothered. "That, was the most important part of the night, so thanks for helping me babe. Also, will you marry me?" I was gobsmacked, especially when he pulled a diamond heart ring off a chain on his neck. "Babe, of course I will!" I was trying to hold back tears, as did he, especially when he put the ring on my finger. "From the moment we met, I knew you were the one for me. I wanted to make this birthday very special for you. I hope I've done that. I love you."