RoadBlock

A fortnight ago, TJ and I had welcomed Codi into this world

A fortnight ago, TJ and I had welcomed Codi into this world. Two weeks. And yet, he had already been asked for a pay-per-view appearance by WWE. I was slightly annoyed because I thought TJ was on paternity leave, but I knew it was going to only be a short appearance.

Roadblock was actually only a fifteen minute drive from the house, so we thought we'd take Codi to her first wrestling pay-per-view. Once we were backstage, we were greeted with so many hugs and 'congratulations', it was actually pretty heart-warming.

TJ had gone to the Cruiserweight locker-room to prepare for his appearance while I remained in catering with Codi and some of the superstars. Even Paul Heyman was here with us! "Codi is seriously the cutest baby ever." Summer gushed as she saw Codi's tiny hands. "I apologise to all of the other babies, but Codi is seriously adorable." "How did you decide on her name?" Nia asked as she sat with us. "Well, it was pretty weird actually. We wanted to give her a unisex name, but something that resembled a flower, and one day, he came back from training and we said 'Codi.' Rose is obviously the flower and Anne is his mom's name, so Codi RoseAnne."

Finally it was time for TJ's appearance, I was actually excited to see him back on television. "Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome TJ Perkins to the kickoff show!" Renee exclaimed as TJ sat with the panellists. "First off, TJ, I believe some congratulations are in order, you recently became a father." A cute screen capture of TJ's Instagram post of Codi and I emerged on the titantron, causing the audience to 'awe' and applaud. "How has becoming a father changed your mind in the ring?" "Aww, that's my girls." TJ awed as he looked at the titantron. "Renee, being a WWE Superstar is incredible, Booker, Shawn, Lita, I'm sure you all agree. But being a father is indescribable. It's so rewarding to come home, after a win or a loss, and know that your child doesn't care about any of that, she's just happy that you're home, you know? I'm ready to get back in the ring, I am ready to prove to my daughter that you can achieve whatever you put your heart and mind into." "Now, in that photo, we see fellow superstar Brooklyn Levya, also your wife. I mean, she looks incredible after a fortnight, what is her secret?" TJ was asked as he smiled at the thought of Codi and I. "Just before you say anything TJ, I just have to ask, how did you get a woman like Brooklyn?" Shawn asked as TJ laughed. "You know what, I honestly don't know. I mean I wake up every day, wondering if it was all a dream, she's so incredible." I was fully blushing at the way TJ spoke about me. "And Renee, she doesn't really have a secret, she is naturally beautiful."