Gauntlet

Now that Codi was eight months old, I had started to consider getting back in the squared circle. I had been spending two days a week at the Performance Centre, and another two days a week with a trainer. But I felt ready, my body was "poppin'" TJ called it, I was more aggressive now that I was a parent, but most importantly, I wanted to prove to Codi that you can be a mother and maintain a career.

Monday Night Raw. I was hidden away in one of the production trucks, nobody knew I was there. Not even TJ. Just Mark Carrano, Hunter, Steph and I. It was pretty awesome though, because there was a large stature of TJ on the back of the truck so of course I had to give it a kiss!

The women were main-eventing Raw, and trust me, it was about time! Wrestling had always been a male-orientated and male dominated sport, so being part of the era of women's wrestling was amazing! The girls were having a Gauntlet Match to determine the Number One Contender for the Raw Women's Championship.

I was ushered inside as the main event started, yet still nobody saw me. I had a brand new gear style, and I have to admit, I looked hot! Breastfeeding burns calories so I was thinner with bigger breasts, I'm sure I can think of one person who'd love that!

Go Time. Mickie had just been demolished by Sasha, and I was the last entrant. The fans, the superstars backstage and the girls all thought that there wouldn't be a last entrant, so Sasha's music hit. Then darkness. 'Sultry XO' hit and the crowd went crazy. The arena lit up with the crowd chants of 'Holy Sh*t' while Sasha and her latest 'bestie' Dana's mouths dropped to the ground. Dana ran up to me to knock my guard off, but she met her new best friend: the ground, courtesy of my right hand.

Sasha was frozen in the ring, yet as soon as I got to the ropes, she immediately attempted to dominate me. I had her grabbed by the hair as I said 'I'm back' which sent the crowd crazy. I kicked her in the stomach, before paying homage to my husband and putting her in the knee-bar.

Tap.

Tap.

Tap.

Tap.

"Here is your winner and the new Number One Contender for the Raw Women's Championship: Brooklyn Levya-aaaa!" JoJo announced, just moments before the general manager Kurt Angle came down to the ring to congratulate me, and raise my hand in victory.

This was it. I was home. And just by this match, I have proved to my daughter that you CAN bounce back after having a baby. I was a mother, I was a wife, I was a women's wrestler, but now, I was the number one contender for Alexa Bliss' title. And all I wanted to say to her, was 'thanks for keeping my title warm, sweetheart.'