Tie the Knot

Today was set to be an emotional day

Today was set to be an emotional day. A day full of love, happiness, superstars and seagulls. Yes, fellow superstars Rusev and Lana were set to marry on a Malibu beach. Lana had been my friend since I could remember so I was ecstatic to be seeing her walk down the aisle to her Prince Charming.

TJ and I decided to be the 'plus one' for one another, which felt incredible. Going to a wedding with someone whom you're in a relationship with is a big step, and honestly, TJ was the type of person who was funny but said it at the wrong time. Today would probably be something like that. We had stayed at a hotel in Malibu, only half an hour from the venue, so we were able to have some form of sleeping in.

As TJ showered, I was getting pampered by my makeup artist Eileen. Eileen and I had known each other for years, and we shared a sisterly bond. Once I looked glamorous as I could be in a robe, I quickly changed into my outfit; a cute black sparkle dress with heels. "Ugh I hate suits." TJ frowned as he walked out of the bathroom and back into the bedroom. "So handsome." I grinned as he wrapped his arms around me. I hate to be naïve but we looked pretty good; especially him! "Babe, as much as I love you, shut up, you look hot. End of." I had to be assertive, when it came to him, even though he was just a big kid at heart. "Damn babe, you should be dominant more often. Papi likes." Even though Eileen was still in the room, TJ had no shame and would talk about anything and everything in front of everyone. I smiled as he stole a quick kiss from me before sorting his hair out in front of the mirror. I loved annoying him, we were both extremely immature when we were around each other. "Babe, isn't it the woman's role to be ready when they say they'd be?" I grinned as I threw paper balls at him. "Babe. Babe. Babe!" I could see him trying not to laugh as he finished his hair. "Babe, I want to get there before the ceremony starts!" "You know what they say." He muttered as he held my hand. "Behind every great man is a nagging woman."

After forty-five minutes, we finally made it to the venue. It looked absolutely beautiful. "OMG Honey, you look stunning!" Becky exclaimed as she hugged me. TJ had gone off with some of the cruiserweights. But as a bell rang, the two of us nearly jumped out of our skin, before sitting next to each other. He knew weddings made me emotional so he gently held me knee. We were sitting by Rich who was too intrigued in pulling faces at the Priest.  As the music began, we all stood up, and Rich nearly fell, causing a horrible attempt of TJ and I trying not to laugh. It was going to be one of those days.

As Lana walked down the aisle, I saw how happy she was. Rusev was the key to her happiness. "Um, sweetcakes, you're being extremely insulting right now." TJ whispered in my ear as he wrapped his arms around my waist. "Me? What the hell have I done?" "You're not meant to look better than the bride. But it's okay, you could be wearing a trash bag and be put in a room full of naked supermodels with big boobs and you'd still look better than them by a thousand miles." He made my heart melt. As we sat, I gave him a kiss, and rested my head on his shoulder whilst watching the ceremony. From time to time, I felt TJ rub his arm on my shoulder, and smiling at me during the ceremony.

After the ceremony finished, we all stayed briefly to watch the photos before heading off to the reception. I hadn't left TJ's side, as to be frank, I didn't want to. When we finally arrived at the reception, we were both in awe at how much work and detail went into this. It looked like a true circus.

After three hours of food, photos, and speeches, Teej and I had gone for some alone time, to watch the sunset. He had his blazer draped around my shoulders whilst he kissed my head. "I'm gonna be honest." He began as he held me. "If it weren't for you, I wouldn't have even came here today. There's too much love and happiness. But since I've been with you, all of that doesn't seem bad. I never ever want to lose you. I'd do anything for you, hell I'd quit wrestling to make you happy." He was so romantic. As I briefly turned around, I saw a handful of the superstars watching us. "Don't worry about them." He smiled. "Anyway, back to what I was saying. I want to go all of the way with you, marriage, babies, everything. I don't like keeping things hidden from you, so I'll be honest." He sighed as I gently kissed him. "I-I've been thinking of proposing to you. For a while now. I want to show you how much you mean to me. I was planning to do it today, well actually now, but it's disrespectful to interrupt a wedding. Don't be disheartened my love, I will propose, I'd be a complete douche if I didn't." He. Was. Absolutely. Perfect.