Downside of the Job

It had been nine days since WrestleMania. Nine days since I was in the ring. Nine days since I got injured.

During the match at WrestleMania, Alicia severely misjudged the ring size and ended up injuring my leg. I knew something was wrong during the match, so I went to the medical office once I went through the curtains, and he explained that I  have suffered a 'Grade Three' torn calf muscle, meaning that the entire muscle is ruptured.

The past nine days have been nothing short of hellacious. I have been forced to move due to my apartment complex manager no longer accepting animals in the building. So within a week and two days, I've had to buy a new house, pack all of my belongings, unpack at the new house, whilst looking after my dog Kingsley, and somehow doing all of that whilst having to walk with crutches.

By this point, I had sunk to my lowest level. Here I was, at twenty-two years old, dealing with a ruptured, torn calf muscle, and not being able to do anything. Doc' said i had to be on bed rest for two weeks, which meant no work-outs, no shopping spree's, and certainly no hikes! My three favourite things to do in my spare time! All I was able to do was watch Jerry Springer and eat noodles while cuddling into my dog, but I think even he's getting bored!

As i changed into a cute 'Stitch' onesie (which was deemed a get well soon gift from Sami Zayn), there was a knock on the door; causing Kingsley to wake up and bark. "Shh Kingsley." I frowned as i scooped him up, under my arm. "Oh, hi TJ." I said, slightly withdrawn as I opened the door. After he came in and viewed the mess of my living room, I felt compelled to ask him about the date. Did he still want me, despite being a wreck? "Look Brooklyn." He began as he held onto a bag. "Seeing you injured has got to me, not having you backstage at Raw was difficult. Seeing you needing love and support and not being able to give you that has proven to be my biggest challenge. Yes, I had different plans for how today was going to be, but you're hurt, you need to recover. So I cancelled the plans and tried to think of what i could do to make you feel better." I was speechless, he was so caring and compassionate. "I hope pizza and video games help!" He smiled as he pulled a box of pizza and an assortment of video games and controls out of the white bag.