Mix and Match

Back at home again. Even though it was just for three days, it was relieving to not have to be at a hotel.

TJ was busy streaming a game as he usually did once we got back, where as I was checking the mail and trying to sort out the house. I was a bit of a perfectionist. "Babe, it looks fine, you pacing is very tense, calm down." He reassured as he ended his stream. "I know, I know, but do we really need all of this space? I mean, we're barely here." I had been contemplating talking to him about moving for quite a while, but I knew he liked making sure money we spent was for a good cause. As I sat on his lap, facing him with my arms around the back of his neck, I could hear him sigh deeply. "So, in other words, you want to move to a smaller place, while we're planning our wedding, which mean's we'll lose a lot more money?" I knew he wasn't going to be a fan of this, but I thought it would be best. "Well yes, but no, if that makes sense. If you're happy to, we'll move to somewhere smaller, and we'll give this place to your parents. I overheard your phone call with them the other day." As much as he didn't like talking about it, I knew his parents were in another financial situation, there was a natural disaster where they were living, and they didn't have the money to fix their house. TJ had been sending them money to help, but they felt bad that always sent it back. "I don't wanna talk about it." He muttered as he walked to the kitchen island. "I know babe, but just hear me out. If we just don't buy anything for the wedding for a few months, and get a smaller place, your parents could live here, and we'll pay their bills for them. We'll take out everything they don't need to save money, and when everything is back on track, it'll be fine again." He walked back to the couch with his head down, before wrapping his arms around my waist. "You are the most caring and the most loving person I have ever met. If it'd make you happy to find a smaller place, then lets do it! I want to do everything in my power to make you happy. As long as I get to marry you, we'll do whatever." I was so happy that he agreed, and he gave me a dozen kisses!

"But, there is something I want you to do." He smiled as he carried me and put me on the couch. "I want you to look at wedding dresses. Take whoever with you. Wedding planning has barely progressed, and I know that the dress is important to brides, so I want you to go to a store, look around, try some on. I want you to be happy." He was so romantic. "Babe." I gasped, as I gave him a long kiss. "You make me happy, I don't need anything else." Even though I was so ready to be married to TJ, I knew protecting his parents was our top priority. Being Mrs Perkins would have to wait for just a short while.