Chapter 34

Ross's POV:

I'm leaning against the way watching Laura dance with her little cousin as I can't get the image of her being a mom out of my head.

"Damn the kid stole her" I hear Jace say as he walks next to me with a Pepsi In hand. I chuckle a bit "Yea sure did"

"She will never say no to a kid so be prepared to always be second in line when it comes to kids" I laugh and nod "Nice to know"

"So man to man tell me you don't like her" I look at him and glancing at Laura and then back at him "No were friends" I reply as he gives me a really look.

"Bro you were so jealous of me, I saw it in your eyes" He replies as I sigh "So maybe I like her a bit but it just would not work, were both so busy with our careers" I reply as he shrugs "If you really like or love each other you'd get past those problems" He says as I look at Laura watching that smile on her face.

"I think we will be friends for a long time," I say honestly.

"Well, you seem like a genuine guy that does cares for her" He says as I look at him shocked.

"Even if I did hurt her with the whole Meredith thing" He laughs "It shows you care about her trust me I get why you did it, trust me I probably would have done the same thing" I give him a surprised smile.

"Seriously"

"I mean I would not have been as stupid as you were but something like what you did" I roll my eyes as he laughs "Just kidding Ross. I think you to would look cute together just if you break her heart I'm breaking you" I smile and nod "Got it" He smiles at me when he points as I see Laura come over here.

"Hey," I say as she smiles "Hey guys" I smile at her as she looks at Jace "Ooo I need a drink," She says grabbing his Pepsi and taking a drink.

"How dare you" Laura laughs handing it back to him "Oops"

"Wow you drank the birthday boys drink I am suing" Laura rolls her eyes "Oh shut up if your little brother did not wear me out I would not have needed a drink"

I smile at her cuteness as Jace laughs "Just like his big bro" Laura rolls her eyes and looks at me.

"So what were you two chatting about"

"You know guy stuff" Laura rolls her eyes "And I am no longer interested" I smile at her as she glances at me with a smile on her face

"I'm going to talk to the others catch ya to later," Jace says as we nod as he walks off as Laura looks at me.

"You looked adorable while dancing with your little cousin" Laura smiles at me "Oh is that so" I nod at her as she smiles "Thanks Rossy" 

==================

We hang out talking a little more when soon the music turns off as a person walks on stage with a mic. 

"That's my Aunt Jace's mom" Laura nudges me as I nod. 

"So we have a very special surprise for Jace that actually none of know what it is except for the person that is doing the special surprise so Laura want to get up here" I look at Laura as she smiles and walks up on the stage next to Jace's mom as she hands her the mic.

"Hey guys if you don't know me then I am Laura aka Jace's favorite Cousin," She says as I smile at her as I hear laughs throughout the place as I see Jace shaking his head as Laura smiles at him. 

"So most of you know who grew up with Jace and I we would constantly sing Taylor Swift songs, and there is one song in particular that Jace can relate to right now sooooo Jace this one is for you, Happy Birthday" She says smiling as she puts the mic in the microphone that is set up as I soon hear music as Jace's eyes widen as he looks at her. 

I soon hear the music start as I walk next to Jace as I realize what song it is and in the background, I see a slideshow of pictures playing as Laura starts singing '22' by Taylor Swift. I smile at Laura watching her singing and performing and loving every second of it as my eyes go to the slideshow as I can't keep my eyes off little kid Laura and how adorable she was back then as well. I smile at the pictures as they go by. I hear a lot of laughter coming from their family as they are watching the slideshow.

=======================

Soon Laura finishes and smiles at Jace as she waves walking off the stage after a round of applause as she runs to Jace as they exchange a smile. 

"That was super sweet Marano," He says smiling.

"Awe Thanks Jay" 

"Now I am about to make your next birthday amazing" 

Laura laughs "Oh god I am skipping out on it" I smile at her as she looks at me sending me a smile as her and Jace separate. 

"That slideshow was awesome by the way," He says as Laura smiles "I have been preparing that for months literally, to find all those pictures took so long" He smiles "Well I loved it" 

"I got a copy on a jump drive for you" He smiles "Awesome, I will be playing that a lot" She laughs "Oh, by the way, I recorded 22 and that video has 22 on it for you so you can hear me sing it to you all over again." 

"Oh Yay Me" Laura laughs slapping him. "Shut up Mr." He laughs smiling. "I'm going to grandma she's like whistling me over" Laura nods as Jace walks off and Laura smiles at me.

"You are just as adorable as you were when you were 3"