Prequel Chapter 34: Courtney's Texts

June 8, 2026

Ross's POV:

Laura has not talked to me in another 2 days now. All together making it 5 days since we have talked. And it fricking sucks, I hate it so much. I miss her so much. And I mean what sucks the most is she is right... I believe Courtney's stupid picture over her...Why the hell would I not believe her. Laura really is never going to forgive me and it sucks thinking that.

These past days on set have been awful, Laura messes up every line she has a scene with me in and Chris is defiantly getting mad.

Laura Marano and Ross Lynch to my Office:

I sigh getting up and walking to his office sitting down across from Chis as I see Laura come in sitting down as well.

"You too better solve this problem, or at least not let it affect your acting, your chemistry was so perfect and now it's like you guys absolutely hate each other, I don't care what is going on in real life you guys need to push it away and focus on acting got it" I hear him say as I nod and Laura say "Got it".

"Good now go, we start in 10 minutes" I hear him say as Laura gets up and I follow her out of the room as we walk to the main set as I see her sit in her chair as I sigh and look at her.

"I'm sorry" I say as she ignores me looking at her phone as I sigh going on set and sitting down.... I have messed everything up... for the like 10th time now...

____________________________________

Laura's POV:

I groan as I hear Ross's phone go off for the millionth time as I see he is acting as I groan reaching for his phone to turn it off when I see it's from Courtney....Fuck it....

I click on it and look at the messages as I scroll to the top to look at them.

Courtney: Ross I'm sorry. I really am.

Ross: Leave me and Laura the hell alone.

Ross: Don't text me again.

Courtney: Ross please

Ross: Get lost Courtney

Courtney: Wait Ross please

Ross: I said get lost

Courtney: Fine but look at this picture it was taken last night *pretend there's a picture*

Ross: Where the fuck did you get this

Courtney: I was there I saw it first hand Ross

Ross: I don't believe you

Courtney: Fine you don't have to, but just know Laura is not innocent

I sigh and look at the texts....He told her to get lost multiple times.... and that he did not believe her but then ended up believing her....And wow she lies like so much... saying she was there....

I continue to read through them.

Courtney: So did you talk to Laura about it?

Ross: Fuck off

Courtney: Damn why are you so mad, realize your little ex-wife is not who you thought she was

Ross: She's exactly who I thought she was the perfect girl that would never do anything to hurt me.

I smile at the text as I continue reading...

Ross: You are such a fucking manipulative bitch, who has once again ruined my relationship with the only girl I could ever fucking love so thanks for that, thanks for ruining it again.

Courtney: Well why did you believe me then? If you think Laura is so perfect then why would you believe me

Ross: Because I am a fucking dick

Ross: Now stop fucking texting me I am so fucking sick of you, you are a horrible person

Courtney: Awww is Rossy mad at me

Ross: Text me again and I call the police

Courtney: Awww and do what tell on me

Ross: Say you lied in Court

Ross: That's a felony bitch I looked it up

Ross: That's what I thought

Courtney: Wait Ross

Courtney: You don't have to do that

Courtney: Please

Courtney: We can talk about this

Courtney: I will never bother you and Laura again

Courtney: Please Ross

Courtney: Don't report me, I will tell Laura what I did just

Courtney: Please don't do this

Wow... some of those are from last night and then the last couple our from right now....

I hear a cough as I look up fast to see Ross their as I throw his phone in the air and look at him....

"Uh hey" I say as he looks at me picking up his phone.

"Let me guess you were playing Flappy Bird" He says as I look at him shaking my head. "I heard your phone go off and it went off like two more times and I Got annoyed so I decided to grab it and-"

"Laura it's okay calm down" I hear him say cutting me off as I look at him confused.

"Laura you know the password to my phone for a reason, I don't have anything to hide from you" I hear him say as I look up at him a smile forming on my face.

I watch as he looks at the phone as he rolls his eyes putting his phone in his back pocket and looking at me.

"You read the whole conversation" He asks as I nod.

"You going to report Courtney" I ask.

"Without a doubt in my mind, I'm going right after we finish today" He says as I nod.

"Can you send me the text Courtney sent you" I nod as he sits down as I go on my phone screenshotting the conversation and sending them to Ross.

"Sent them" I say as he nods "Got them. Thanks" I nod, as I look over at him to see him leaning against the side of the chair watching the scene going on right now, where of course the kids are getting themselves in trouble.

"I'm still mad" I say as I see him look at me nodding not saying anything.

"Ross you okay" I ask as he looks over at me shaking his head.

"What's wrong" I ask "Everything my life. We should of been happily married and look at us, you can't bare to look at me anymore" I hear him say as I sigh as he gets up walking to the food table grabbing some food and leaning against the wall... God why do I have to love him so much...I can't stay mad at him no matter how hard I try...