Prequel Chapter 61: CVS Fun

October 22, 2026

Laura's POV:

"Well first of all congrats on the second season of the show" I smile "Thank you" Maia and I both say at the same time and laugh.

"My kids absolutely love it" We smile "That's awesome" I say as she smiles "So come on we need some teasers" The interviewer says as I look at Maia and she looks at me.

"Well Chloe and Mitch get closer" I hear Maia say as I nod

"And Ava gets herself a love interest that causes problems between Chloe and Ava" The interviewer looks at us.

"Ooo drama" We laugh nodding "Defiantly some drama happens" I say as she smiles.

"And Niall Horan left to go on tour with 1D, and Ross Lynch is taking his place right" I nod "Yup Ross is Mitch" I say with a smile.

"That must be fun" The interviewer says as I smile "It is it's nice to have our careers overlap again" I say as she nods.

"And your love interests again" I nod "Yea it's nice" I say with a smile.

"Set seemed like a lot of fun from Maia's snapchat stories" I hear her say as Maia and I laugh.

"Set is the best, the cast is incredible" I say as Maia nods.

"We have so many cool things on set it's the best" She says.

"Like what"

"A nerf basketball hoop that the boys play with a lot" I say.

"And then fun fact the Xbox on set you see if actually real so Ryan and Laura play Just dance like all the time" I nod "It's' great" I say as she laughs.

"They have so much fun, it's ridiculous how fun they have playing that game honestly and how much time they spend playing it" I hear Maia say as I nod "It really is" I say.

"So Laura we saw on twitter from Ross that you guys now live together" I smile nodding "Indeed we do, he moved in a couple days ago" I say smiling.

"How has that been"

"It's been awesome" I say with a smile.

======================

We finished the interview as I look at Maia nervously once we get back into her car, since she picked me up so we could go together.

"What's up Laura" I look at her and sigh "Can you come with me to get something" I ask as she looks at me "What" I sigh and look at her.

"Maia my period is like 3 weeks late" I say as her mouth drops "LAURA MARANO" She squeals as I sigh "I know, I know" I say as she looks at me "I thought you were a good girl" she says as I sigh "Can you just come with me" I ask as she nods "Yea I'm here for you but if someone catches us buying a pregnancy test the world will flip" She says as I sigh "Maybe we get someone who does not know us and just pay them money and they can buy it for me" I suggest as Maia shrugs "That works" I nod as Maia drives off to CVS, soon we pull in and start walking around.

"We need to find someone who does not recognize us" I whisper as she nods as we walk around, when I soon hear.

"Do you girls need help with anything" I hear a heavy accented males, that reminds me of Maia's voice say as I look to see a worker as I look at him.

"Actually I heard that Laura Marano and Maia Mitchell were around here have you seen them" I ask as he looks at me.

"I'm sorry I just moved from Australia I don't really know them" He says as I smile at Maia.

"Oh that's okay, um can I ask you a big favor" I say as he looks at me "Like what kind of favor" He asks as I look at him "Can I just pay you right now to buy something" I ask as he looks at me.

"I promise it's not like some scam" I say as he looks at me.

"We are kind of known here and we dont really want people seeing us buying a pregnancy test" I hear Australian Maia say as the guy looks at us. "Let me guess you guys are that Maia and Laura girl right" I sigh nodding "Can you keep it on the down low" I ask as he nods "Of course"

I smile as we walk over to the pregnancy tests looking to see if anyone is there as I grab one hiding it under my shirt and handing him a 10 "Just keep the change" He nods "Good luck with it" He says as I smile "Thanks, and thanks so much for the help" He nods as I stuff it in my purse as I look at Maia.

"Want to get candy" She smiles as we walk off grabbing candy and going into line paying for it, getting noticed....phew thank god we did that...

We get into the car as I look at Maia nervous as I pull the test out.

"It's going to be okay. I will come over" I nod as she starts to drive back to my house...man this is going to be bad if I am...and how long am I? I mean with tour coming up.... I will be showing most likely by January....And Ross won't even be with me on tour....god this could be bad...like really bad...

===================

Maia and I just got to the house as we walk in and I see Ross passed out on the couch with hockey on the TV.

"Well that's good" Maia says closing the door as I nod "Sure is" I say "come on let's hurry" I say as we walk upstairs to the bathroom as I close the door locking it just in case.

"Okay how do I do this" I ask confused as I look at the box.

"Laur you literally just pee on it" Maia says as I roll my eyes "That can't be it" I say as she rolls her eyes "Pee on the damn stick Marano" I glare at her as she leaves the bathroom as I relock the door.....well here goes nothing...