Prequel Chapter 35: Play Date

June 9, 2026

Laura's POV:

We just got on break from set as I see Ross come in his date outfit, since our characters got their second date today. He looks good....

I watch him sit down in his chair as he looks at me with a smile.

"You look good Chloe" I smile at him "You don't look to bad either Mitch" He smiles.

"By the way Courtney is in Jail for a year for lying under oath. It normally would be 5 but since it was not like a criminal thing and just doing it for her own good they only did a year. But she also can't come within 100 meters of us and if she texts us when she gets out she will be right back in Jail for a week every time she texts us" I hear Ross say as I smile at him "That's awesome" He nods "Yea I was very happy" Ross says as I nod.

"Laura can we please talk about this" I hear him say as I look at him staying quiet waiting to hear what he has to say.

"I'm sorry I did not believe you when you said you went to the studio, and that I believed Courtney over you. Laura when I saw that picture my heart broke not knowing what to do I was so confused and hurt, I thought there was no way she could do this to me or would do this to me, so many thoughts were running through my head and I ended up taking Courtney's word on it because I was being like everyone says a dick, I was being a fucking 13 year old back in high School not believing you and I am so sorry. I know I have told you I am sorry so many times and you probably think I am not being genuine but I am Laura. I care about you so much, and never want to lose you, I can't lose you, I can't function without you around. Everything is better with you and I did not mean to quote Austin Moon but I did Everything is better with you, I am better when I am with you, including my singing, and my dancing, everything is so much better with you Laura, and I know I keep messing everything up but please give me one more shot at being friends, I promise I won't freak the fuck out at every picture I see of you with a guy."

I look at him trying to comprehend everything that he just told me as I feel myself get emotional once again...

As I don't know what else to do but wrap my arms around him hugging him wanting to feel the feeling of being in his arms again so bad, as I feel his arms wrap around me as I smile loving the feeling of being in his arms.

I whisper against his chest "I'm still upset you did not believe me" I say looking up at him as he sighs nodding.

"I'll make it up to you" He says with a smile. "Why don't we have a hangout day, just you and me having fun as friends, doing the dumb poop we use to always do" I smile up at him "It's a play date" I say as he laughs "What are we in kindergarten"

"I feel like it, with this kindergarten drama" I say as he chuckles "At the end of our play date you will be my best friend again" I hear him say as I laugh "We are so stupid" I say as he laughs "But you love it" I smile at him nodding laying my head back into his chest.

=========================

We wrapped up for today as I finish changing when I hear a knock on my door.

"It's Ross" I finish putting my shirt on and go and open the door to see him there as I Smile "Hey" I say walking to the couch grabbing my things as I see him leaning against the door.

"So you want to go on that play date" He asks as I laugh "Sure why not" I say as he smiles "Great come on let's go" He says as I look at him "Where we going we have to go in two cars" I say as he shakes his head "I told Rocky and Ryland to pick up your car and take it back to your house" I look at him confused as I go through my purse and not see my keys as I look at him "Wow" I say as he laughs "Trust me I got it all planned out" He says as I look at him "Oh really do you" He smiles nodding as he grabs a Kleenex box from the table and uses it as a mic as he starts singing pointing at me.

"I'll pick you up at 8 and we can drive around

Take you to the beach and we can head downtown, while you hold my hand

We'll park it, lay down on the hood of my car

Listen to the airplanes as we count the stars, tonight I'll be your man

And tomorrow we can do it again and tomorrow we can do it again"

I roll my eyes as he smiles at me "Stop trying to hide that smile I know you loved it" He says as I look at him trying not to smile.

"Your holding it in so hard right now" He says as I end up cracking a smile as he smiles at me "I knew you loved it" He says as I roll my eyes "Stop singing songs you wrote about me" I groan as he laughs "But it's so funny to see your reaction" He says as I glare at him "Half your songs are about me" I say as he laughs "Not going to fight you on that one" I roll my eyes as he smiles "Come on let's go" He says as we walk out of my dressing room and down the hallways heading to his car as we get in and he starts to drive us to who knows where, but I know better than to ask him where we are going.