Prequel Chapter 22: The Truth

May 28, 2026

Ross's POV:

It's been like a week since Laura and I had that conversation about if we could potentially ever get back together, and I think we are right on track for it.

I really do believe we are going to be able to get through this... we always could get through anything together... and I think we will be able to get through this to....

Laura got us a therapist and we will be going tomorrow to talk to her about everything we need to talk about. I am nervous but I mean we need to, there is no other way around it. If Laura thinks this will help then I am completely down for it.

I also got a call from Disney yesterday saying that an actor had to drop out of a show for other like work things so I think they want me to try to be the actor on the show, which I am down for, I love Disney it's where I really started, and got famous from all the way back to the Teen Beach Movie Days.

So I am very excited to maybe get back into the Disney Actor scene.

____________________________________________

Laura's POV:

Therapist tomorrow... Oh boy. I am worried, I really don't want us to fight again.... I Really hope I can really listen to what was going through Ross's mind and we can try to figure it out.

I get to set as they called us main cast into a room....this is never good....

"So now that you are all here, we have some unfortunate news" Chris says as we all look at each other.

"As you guys know One direction is getting back together, and well.... Niall is going on a worldwide tour with them meaning he will not being able to continue the show"

Awwwww. Niall was awesome to. I know originally Noah Centineo was supposed to be my love interest but he got caught up in another movie.

"Which means we are working on casting another actor for Niall's role as Mitch or Chloe's you know romantic interest" We all nod.

"So who you thinking" I ask as Chris looks at me "We are still working it out" I nod "But he is I think an old Disney actor" I nod "Wait so is he going to just take over the role as Mitch then" I ask as he nods.

"Yea we got it so Mitch won't have scenes for like 2 episodes and then he will come back from like Vacation and will have like a little bit of a different style that way fans will understand that the new guy is Mitch" I nod

"Makes since" I say as Chris nods.

"Yup so let's get to filming then shall we"

========================

We just finished filming as I am in my dressing room getting ready to leave when I hear my phone go off. I see it's from an unknown number as I am about to ignore it when I see....

Unknown Number: Laura I am so sorry. I should of never done what I did and the guilt has absolutely been eating me away. I can't take it anymore. Laura I wanted Ross to get back together with me so I did what I did... but when I tried to go back to him he completely shut me out saying he only loves you and will only ever love you.... I realize 2 years later that I should of said this.... but I was to scared, and I was to jealous of you to.... but Laura the truth is.... I kissed Ross the first time and he immediately pulled away pissed off.... He said he was going to tell you and ruin my career so I had to get something against him so I said that I had a person take a picture of me kissing him that first time... I said if he told you the truth or anyone the truth I would post it right away and make it seem like he kissed you back, and I threatened to hurt you if he told you the truth.... The second time we met up I said I would delete the picture of me kissing him if he met up with me so he did.... We went to a small like bar kind of place, as you know and well I spiked his water Laura.... and it made him loopy which is why he thought he was kissing you.... plus I had a brown wig on like your hair..... he was high Laura.... I gave him drugs..... and the third time in Japan he said he was going to tell you the truth so I told him to meet me at the bar.... I could not let him tell you the truth.... so I made sure he drank more again.... and I kissed him.... and that's when the paparazzi caught us Laura..... Ross did nothing wrong.... he was just a pawn in the game I was playing.... and well my plan to break you guys up worked..... but the second part of me getting with him ended up failing.... I am so sorry Laura, I should of told you from the very start but I could not, but now I realize how stupid I was being..... I really am sorry....

I read the text tears streaming down my face.... is this real..... is she being serious right now.....

Laura: Who is this?

Unknown Number: Laura its Courtney Eaton

Laura: And this is 100% factual, everything in here is straight truth

Courtney: Every line.... every sentence... every word.... every letter....every last detail of it.....Ross did not cheat on you.....I did everything.... he kissed back because he was drugged Laura... and then the third time.... I mean he was drunk and the picture made it look bad.... he really did not even kiss back.....

I turn my phone off fast getting up and running to my car and driving straight to Rydel's house. I knock on Rydel's front door as I see Rydel open it eventually looking at me confused as I run past her and right up the stairs to Ross's room opening the door as I see him jump a bit as he is laying on the bed watching Netflix as I run to him and hand him my phone.

"Read it and tell me if that's true, and that you had no idea" I shout at him as he looks at me confused and starts to read it his eyes widening when he probably gets to the part where Courtney drugged him as he looks continuing reading through the conversation. I watch his facial expressions as he reads through the whole conversations as he looks up at me tears in his eyes...