Prequel Chapter 23: What are we?

May 28, 2026

Laura's POV:

I look at the text and sigh texting Courtney.

Laura: And this is 100% factual, everything in here is straight truth

Courtney: Every line.... every sentence... every word.... every letter....every last detail of it.....Ross did not cheat on you.....I did everything.... he kissed back because he was drugged Laura... and then the third time.... I mean he was drunk and the picture made it look bad.... he really did not even kiss back.....

I turn my phone off fast getting up and running to my car and driving straight to Rydel's house. I knock on Rydel's front door as I see Rydel open it eventually looking at me confused as I run past her and right up the stairs to Ross's room opening the door as I see him jump a bit as he is laying on the bed watching Netflix as I run to him and hand him my phone.

"Read it and tell me if that's true, and that you had no idea" I shout at him as he looks at me confused and starts to read it his eyes widening when he probably gets to the part where Courtney drugged him as he looks continuing reading through the conversation. I watch his facial expressions as he reads through the whole conversations as he looks up at me tears in his eyes...

"I had no fucking idea she drugged me" He says tears in his eyes as I look at him, not taking another second to run to his bed and get on top of him in his lap and wrapping my arms around him so tightly as his arms wrap around me as I cry into his chest.

"I can't believe that bitch tells us this fucking two years later! We fucking asked in court if she said the whole truth and she literally lied almost the whole time" I hear Ross say as I nod in his chest loving the feeling of being in his arms all over again.

"You were just trying to protect me when you did not tell me about Courtney" I say looking up at him "Why did you not tell me this" I ask "We could of solved what to do together" I ask as he sighs "Laura she threatened to hurt you, I could not let that happen, no matter what" He says as I look at him a smile forming on my face.

"I can't believe this" I mumble as I lay my head back into his chest sitting on his lap as he holds his arms around me tightly. I hear the door open as a gasp coming from it.

"Rydel please don't right now. Give us some time please" I hear Ross say as I hear a squeal and then the door close as I laugh.

"Wow she listened to you"

"I think she was to shocked not to" Ross says as I laugh and look up at him.

"So what does this make us" He asks as I look at him "I have no idea anymore, honestly" I say as he laughs a bit.

"I say we still go tomorrow, and tell the therapist this as well, and maybe she can tell us what to do, and tell us what we are feeling" Ross says as I smile nodding "I like that idea" I say as he smiles "Wow that's a first" I laugh a bit wrapping my arms around him tighter laying in his chest.

"I missed this so much" I mumble into his chest

"I have to Laura, so fricking much" He says.

"So like what does this make me, am I like a like Drug Cheater, like I cheat when I am drugged or what" I hear Ross say as I laugh and look up at him "Who knows anymore" I say as he laughs "When you came bursting into my room I was like shit she's about to like kill me" I say as I laugh.

"Last time you did that you told me I was the fucking biggest dick on the planet and that you hated me" I hear Ross say as I look up at him "So I was a bit upset" I say as he laughs "I think you were a little bit more than a bit Laur"

"So I was upset but from my understanding I just saw my husband kissing someone else so like you know" I say trailing off as he laughs.

"I probably would of done the same thing" He says as I Smile against his chest "Can I stay over" I ask.

"Of course Laur" I hear him reply with a ton of joy in his voice. I smile cuddling to his chest more as I soon find my eyes closing but before I fall asleep I hear "I love you Laura Marano and soon to be Lynch again just you wait"

And man You could say I fall asleep with a huge smile on my face....

=================

I wake up to poking as I slowly open my eyes to see Ross smiling at me "Sorry to wake you but my family decided to all come over and we are grilling do you want something" I smile nodding at him cuddling my head back up to his chest.

"What you want baby girl" I smile at the nickname.

"What are they grilling" I mumble to his chest.

"Everything, hotdogs, burgers, steak, full on BBQ, ribeye's I think"

I smile "Steak please" I say "I'll text my dad" I hear Ross say as I look at him "We can go out with them you know" I say as he looks at me "Your tired"

"I'm fine, how long was I out anyways" I ask as he shrugs "2 hours" I nod "What did you do"

"Watch my favorite show on Disney Channel" I laugh "Really"

"Austin and Ally is good okay" Ross says as I laugh "You just liked watching me" I say smirking as he smiles "I may of just watched Season 4 but still" I hear him say "Awww, you wanted to see us kiss" I say as I see him blush a bit as I smile "Come on I want to see your family, I kind of completely ignored Rydel when I Came, I ran right to you" I say as Ross laughs "Yea Rydel came in and told me that you ran right past her"

"There was so much going on in my head, but my only thought was get to Ross as fast as I can" I see Ross smile at me "Come on let's go see your family"