Prequel Chapter 28: Making up

May 30, 2026

Ross's POV:

3 A.M.

I can't fricking fall asleep knowing Laura is mad at me, and that she probably hates me again.... I just can't .. God she is going to kill me for doing this....

I get up fast tossing my sweatshirt on and sweats as I sneak downstairs and out the door into my car and driving to her house. She is going to lose her mind. I sigh and pull into her driveway as I go to the front door bending over and picking the rock up as I grab her house keys. I pick them up and open the front door up as I am not prepared for what I see....

There she is tears down her face as she is crying in her sleep, on the couch.....

I silently close the door putting the spare keys on the table in the living room and going to Laura picking her up carrying her up the steps when I hear a soft confused "Ross" I look down at her nodding "It's me" I say quietly as she looks at me confused as I place her in her bed and putting the sheets over her sitting on the edge of the bed next to her.

"Ross what are you doing here" She asks confused looking at the time "At 3 am" She asks as I sigh grabbing her hand squeezing it as she looks at our hands and then at me confused.

"I'm sorry Laura. I should not of yelled at you. I had a talk with my mom and she made me put myself in your shoes and I do get where your coming from. I see how you have trust issues especially after what happend with Adam. I am so sorry and I could not sleep knowing that you probably hated me again" I say as Laura sighs and looks at me.

"I don't hate you" She says quietly squeezing my hand "I am upset how you yelled and did the same thing you did at first" I hear her say sadly as I look at her sighing nodding.

"But I am happy you came back to try to fix it thought" She says as I smile at her widely.

"Really" I say as she smiles nodding "Remember when we got married we said that we never wanted to fall asleep mad at each other, and I'm happy that you are following through with that even if we aren't married" She says as I smile leaning down and kissing her forehead as I see her smile at me.

"You should sleep you look really tired" I say as she nods as I go to get up when she pulls me back down as I look at her confused as her eyes our closed as I soon hear.

"Just sleep here Ross. It's to late for you to be driving" I hear her whisper as I smile at her rolling over her earing a groan from her as I lay next to her getting under the sheets as well as she turns her head to look at me.

"Well if your going to sleep here at least hold me" I smile reaching over and bringing her into my arms holding her tightly to my chest as we both fall asleep within seconds....

====================

I wake up to feel someone playing with my fingers as I open my eyes to see Laura on my chest as she plays with my fingers, I smile as I watch her do whatever she is doing. I smile kissing her cheek as she turns to look at me fast as I smile at her "Hey" I say as she smiles "Morning Rossy"

"Morning Laur" I say again as she smiles "Never will get tired of that morning voice of yours" She says as I smile.

"What time is it" I ask. "10:30" She says as I nod.

"You have filming today" I ask as she nods "Yea but it's later not till 1"I nod and look at her nodding "I got to go to my new Disney set at 3 tomorrow" I Say as she looks at me shocked "Wait really already" She says as I nod "Yea I am super excided"

"So what show are you on" She asks as I shrug "I don't know yet Andre wants to surprise me"

"Wait so you signed a contact for a show that you don't even know what it is yet" She asks as I laugh "I know it's bad but Andre told me to trust him so I am" Laura laughs "I actually think we are finding out who the new Mitch is today or tomorrow" She says as I nod "Oh Joy to the world, they could not of just killed him like your characters last husband" Laura rolls her eyes "Really Ross"

"What I'm just saying" I say as Laura rolls her eyes.

"Laura can we talk" I ask as she nods "About what"

"About the fight" I say as she sighs nodding "What about it"

"I am okay with just being friends for as long as you so desire-"

I get cut off with a kiss on my forehead and cheek and her jumping on top of me hugging me "Thank you Ross" I hear her say as I smile holding her "Your welcome" I say as she lifts her head up and looks at me "It means so much that your doing this, it really shows me that you want our relationship to thrive" She says as I Smile "Anything to get you mine again, I will do, even if It means I have to be friends with you for a bit, it's better than not talking to you at all" She smiles kissing my forehead again and laying in my chest.

"You really are the best Ex ever" I hear her whisper as I laugh "Won't be ex for long" I say as she laughs "Makes me think of Austin and ally when they fought in the marriage episode as they went from friends to a couple then ex's and then back to a couple"

"Yup, and we will be going back to a couple as soon as you give me the okay" Laura smiles looking up at me "You are so amazing" She says as I smile "You are like the most amazing girl in the whole world" I say as she smiles laying in my arms for a bit longer when she soon gets up and looks at me.

"I got to get ready for Disney" She says as I Sigh "Yea I got to get home and prepare myself as well"

"Your going to do great babe" I hear her say as I look at her "Damn Marano we going a bit fast here" I say as she laughs "You love it" She says as I smile at her "Indeed I do" I say as she laughs "See you later friend" She says smirking as I roll my eyes "At least let me be best friend" I say as she laughs pretending to think "Fine Call me and tell me what set you are working on when you find out Best Friend, who knows we might be neighbors" She says with a smile as I Smile back "I will my best friend"