Prequel Chapter 26: Therapist Disaster?

May 29, 2026

Ross's POV:

We just ran into the Therapist place and got in with seconds to spare as we get taken to a room.

"He will be right in, if you want to hit something there are pillows" I hear the lady say as I look at Laura as she looks at me as the person closes the door.

I look to see a chair and then two other chairs with a table between them with like stress balls, and pillows, and other things on it...even like boxing gloves...

"Seriously" I say as Laura laughs.

"I have a feeling like we are going to be this persons easiest case ever" Laura says with a laugh as I nod as we sit in the two chairs.

"Your so far away" I groan as Laura laughs rolling her eyes "Talk to the pillow" She says throwing it at me as I groan throwing it back at her as we are soon are engaged a full on pillow fight as we laugh and smile at each other, when I hear the door open and...

"Oh my god! You two need to calm down!" I hear someone yell as I see a lady come to us grabbing the pillows as I look at Laura and she looks at me as we break out laughing.

"No Miss, we were just messing around, that was not like you know violent" I say with a laugh as she looks at me.

"This is not a laughing matter Mr. Lynch" She says sternly as I gulp and look at Laura who has a grin on her face trying not to laugh...

"Okay well I am Miss. Smith. It's nice to meet you to"

Mhm, I know why she is a Miss...she's terrifying.....

"You to Miss. Smith" I hear Laura say.

"Yea nice to meet you" I say as she gives me a look and smiles at Laura....okay what the hell did I do to her....I glance to see Laura fake cough in her arm, as she tries not to laugh.

"Okay well let's get started then Shall we" Laura and I nod.

"So first I need a backstory of what happened" She says as I look at Laura and she looks at me. "I guess I will explain it" I say as Miss. Smith nods as I soon start explaining the roller coaster that Courtney brought us on.

After explaining basically our whole story of the break up and her taking literal notes about it.... which is totally not weird at all...She looks at us.

"Laura how do you feel" I hear her say as I look at Laura who looks like she has no clue what the fuck to say...but then again I don't either.

"Uh that I love him" Laura says as I smile at her as Miss. Smith nods and looks at me "What about you"

"I love her to" I say as she nods... and starts talking to us asking questions about how we felt through certain parts of the story.

"Laura how do you feel about Ross not telling you about Courtney kissing him" I hear her say as I look at Laura.

"I want a completely honest answer" I hear Miss. Smith say as Laura nods.

"I felt betrayed like Ross did not trust me enough to tell me" I hear Laura say sighing as I look at her sadly... I had no idea she felt like that.

"How did you feel when you saw the picture" I hear her ask as I look at Laura as she looks at the ground.

"Felt like I was not enough for him, and that love was just a pointless thing, and never was truly real" I hear Laura say sadly as I look at her my heart breaking that she felt like this....

After a couple more questions I officially feel like the biggest douchebag ever, that I made Laura feel like this.... then again this is her feelings at the very beginning, before we found out that Courtney drugged me the whole time so I think Laura is a lot better... I mean last night was the best sleep I had in 2 years, and that kiss....

===================

After about 2 hours of sitting her talking this whole thing through Miss. Smith looks at us.

"Well it's obvious that you too love each other so much, you can just see it in the way you look at each other." Laura and I smile at each other.

"But I also see the pain in Laura's eyes every time, how Laura you could not bare to look at Ross when you said what you did. Which shows the hesitation still in you and you can tell that you have a lot of hesitation to dating again, and especially dating Ross" I hear Miss. Smith as I look at Laura to see her nod at her.

"I think that to make sure that if and when you go back into a relationship, you guys should stay just friends for a while, to ensure you both are comfortable and confident in a relationship with the other" I hear Miss. Smith as I sigh nodding as I see Laura nod as well.

"How long do you think we should wait" Laura asks.

"I can't really tell you that, you have to decide but I would at least wait a couple months" I hear her say.... a couple months.... of being just Laura's friend....nooo.... Riker was right.... the stupid therapist would make Laura doubt the relationship.... and I see it in her eyes that she agrees with the therapist.....God damn.....

"Thank you Miss. Smith" I hear Laura say as she nods at us, as we say bye and head out back into my car as I look at Laura and she looks at me.

"I know you don't like the answer she gave us but I think she's right Ross" I hear Laura say as I sigh "Ross I'm sorry but everything she said is true, I do love you but I'm still scared" I hear Laura say as I nod.

"I'm sorry Ross" I hear Laura say as I sigh just starting the drive back to her house....