Prequel Chapter 5: The Text

April 24, 2026 

Ross's POV:

I miss her. I miss everything about her. I miss the way we talked, laughed, hung out. I miss her lips on mine, I miss how when we hugged her head would land right in my chest. I miss how she how to stand on her tippy toes to kiss me, and sometimes I had to bend over a bit to kiss her. I miss our endless laughs in the Tour bus bunk. I miss how her hand fit in mine perfectly. I miss every last little detail about Laura Marie Marano. Every damn thing from her toe to her hair. I just want her back, and if she never wants to get back with me then I want her as a friend, I just want her in my fucking life again. Every day I wake up thinking about her literally and every night I go to bed dreaming about her. She is literally on my mind all the time. For the past 2 years. I am literally the biggest dick in the world for cheating on her. But it is not as bad as the press is making it out to be. Yes, I cheated on her but it was not like I was hooking up with Courtney no it was like I saw Courtney in public one day and she wanted to catch up and we got in my car as she kissed me... I did not kiss back... 1 week later she kept texting me saying she was sorry and asking if we could meet up so we did and this time we met at her house. I don't know what happened but she literally looked just like Laura and I kissed her... I regret it so much...And then the last time which was in Japan and the worst one... She was in Japan for modeling and me to try out for a movie which I got rejected from... but anyways we met up at a bar and I was going to tell her we can't be doing this I can't be talking to you... later that night I was going to tell Laura everything that happened with Courtney when she kissed me... and me being my drunk self... I kissed her back... And that's when press caught us...

We literally kissed 3 times... one of those she only kissed me.... the second time me being stupid thinking she was Laura... and the third time me trying to tell Laura about what happened but I was drunk and made a mistake...

I did tell Laura all of this but I mean, I would have been pissed at her to if she did this to me... I had to put myself in her boots and I realized how heartbroken I would have been... I feel so fucking bad and just want to pull her into a gigantic hug and never want to let her go...but I know she wants nothing to do with me, and it fucking sucks...

There is no point for me to live anymore... she was my everything and I miss her so much... I just want her back... but she will never be mine again... she hates me.... and I hate myself for doing this to her to...There is no point in living anymore...

I sigh as I get into my car and driving to one of my favorite old places...I go to the Hollywood sign... where Laura and I had our first kiss... where we got paparazzied and where when we got home from tour we had sex in my truck in the parking lot here... so many good memories... we had like 5 dates here...

I grab my phone and tweet out my last tweet...

@RossLynch- There is no point anymore...

I add the view from the Hollywood sign and about to turn my phone off when

Replies: 

@LauraMarano- Answer your flipping Phone Colorado before you do something stupid.

What the heck... why would she message me that...She does not care... I sigh and check my texts to see one from Laura and click on it.

Laura:  Hey Vanessa, can you bring home some ice cream on the way home?

I smile at the text, remembering that text is the first text I sent to Larua expect she switched Rocky to Vanessa's name...I smile texting back

Ross: Um, I am not Vanessa last time I checked.

I smile when I see her text back 

Laura: Oh, shoot I am so sorry. I just got a new phone and I don't really remember peoples numbers.

I smile responding to her remembering this conversation as it happened yesterday...

Ross: Lol. That's me right there. I don't remember anyone's numbers.

Laura: Good I am glad I am not the only one.

Ross: Right, well I got to go, hope you get that ice cream.

Laura: Haha, Thanks.

I smile as we finished our first ever text conversation all over again when I hear my phone vibrate again. 

Laura: Please don't do anything stupid Ross. Please don't jump... please... Ross your family, friends, fans all love you... including me... Please don't jump 

I look at the text... she loves me...or is she just saying that to try to stop me...

Ross: Who put you up to texting me? You are just saying this to try to stop me from doing it, I bet my family is putting you up to this 

Laura: Ross please don't think that. Yes at first Maia told me and I did not want to do it but then she made me realize... Ross if something were to happen to you I don't know what I would do... Ross, we may be broken up but that does not mean I still don't care about you, I always have and always will... Please, I promise I am not doing this because of Rydel or your family. I am doing this because I don't want to lose you forever. 

I read the text over and over again... she really does care about me...

Ross: You really mean it? 

Laura: Yes Ross I really mean it

I smile as I back away from the edge and starting to walk back to my car as I delete that last tweet and then message Laura back.

Ross: I love you 

I see she read it as I wait for a response... 

Laura: I love you to

I smile rejoicing so much... I might just have a chance to get her back... a very small one but it is a chance...