Prequel Chapter 40: She is Done for

August 20, 2026

Ross's POV:

I hear a knock on my dressing room as I am getting ready to head home as I yell "Come in" I say while putting my hoddie on as I see Laura there smiling at me.

"What's up Laur" I ask running my hand through my hair.

"Okay I'm sorry but I need to fix this" She says with a laugh as she comes to me standing on her tippy toes as she attempts to fix my hair.... the feeling of her hands going through my hair... god I should not be thinking this but I am....

"I was wondering the Teen Choice Awards are obviously this Friday" She says as I try to focus on her but her continuing to play with my hair is making this so hard.

"Mhmm" I reply as Laura looks at me "Really are you seriously being turned on by this" She asks as I look at her "Whattttt Pshh noooo" She gives me the look "You know I can't resist when you play with my hair"

"I'm not even playing with it I'm literally just trying to fix it" She says directing her attention back to my hair. "Now shush and let me talk." I nod as she continues running those damn fingers through my hair.

"Anyways as I was saying I was wondering if you wanted to come with me" She asks as I look at her "Really" I ask as she nods "I know you weren't going to go so if you want to you can come with me" She says as I smile "I'd love to come, see my girl win best actress award" She smiles at me. "So am I like your date or something" I say with a smirk as she rolls her eyes "I mean I guess" She says concentrating on my hair as I smile to myself "Just like the old days" She glances at me nodding and taking her hands out of my hair "And Taaadaaaa Ross Lynch's hair does not look bad anymore" She says as I roll my eyes "I can make yours look bad" I say smirking as she looks at me with the are you being fucking serious right now look.

"Jeez calm down Laur" I say petting her hair as she rolls her eyes.

"See you Friday" she says as I nod watching her walk out of the room. I don't know how much longer I can go till I fuck her... It gets harder as the days go on....

==========================

August 24, 2026

Ross's POV:

"Rydel are you done with her yet, we seriously have to go" I say knocking on Laura's bedroom door as Rydel and her have been getting her ready for literal hours now.

"Ross don't rush perfection" Rydel says "Rydel it's been hours" I groan as I soon see the door crack open and Rydel look at me "Wait downstairs we will be down" I roll my eyes walking down the stairs and leaning against Laura's door as I wait for her to be done.

I hear walking as I see Rydel come down as I look at her "Where's Laura" I ask as she rolls her eyes.

"Now presenting your ex-wife Lau-"

"Is this seriously necessary-" I stop talking as I see Laura walk down in that blue strapless dress and looking drop dead gorgeous.

"You like it Ross" She asks through a smile as I just nod my mouth hanging open making me look like a complete fool...

"Well I think my work here is down. Have fun you to and use protection" Rydel says hugging Laura and running out of the house as I look at Laura.

"Ross your like frozen" She says as I look at her walking to her smiling "You look drop dead gorgeous Laura" I say as she smiles blushing a bit.

"Aw, and you look pretty handsome yourself Lynch" She says playing with my blue tie that matches her dress of course, Rydel planned that.

"Your making this so hard" I mumble as she looks at me innocently "What am I making so hard" She asks innocently as I groan wrapping my arms around her waist pulling her to my chest as she looks at me "To not pick you up and take you to your bedroom right fucking now I don't give a fuck if were not together" I say mumbling as she looks at me with a smile "Really Ross" she asks as I look at her "Yes really Laura" I say "It's been like 2 years and like 4 months" I say as she looks at me with a smirk "Since you did what exactly" She asks as I groan "You fucking know" I say as she smirks "No I don't think I do"

I glare at her and whisper in her ear "Since I have had sex" I say as she blushes looking at me "Aweee you poor baby You must be losing your balls, and um it's been 2 years and 4 months for me to Mr." She says as I glare at her mumbling "I hate you right now" She laughs and grabs my hand "Come on Rossy were going to be late" She says pulling me as I laugh as we get into my car as I start driving to the place not being able to help but look at Laura literally whenever I can....She is so done for when we finish at the Teen Choice Awards....God....

====================

After a long time of interviews and taking pictures on the red carpet we finally are done and sitting in our seats. I smile as our hands are still connected, from when we walked along the red carpet, and they still are. I glance at Laura to see her on her phone with just one hand as I smile leaning my head on her bar shoulder kissing it as I see her glance at me with a smile kissing my head and going back to texting Maia.

I soon hear a squeal as I look to see Maia and another guy there who I am pretty sure is her boyfriend. Laura literally jumps up as they hug each other.

"Oh my god it's been to long" Maia squeals as Laura nods "I know" Laura yells back as I roll my eyes "You guys saw each other on set literally 2 days ago"

"Shut up Ross" They both yell as I roll my eyes "Jeez calm yourselves" I say as I look at the guy.

"Sup I'm Ross"

"Rudy" He says as we shake hands as Maia and Rudy come into our row it going me, Laura, Maia and then Rudy, as the girls start gossiping about some Riverdale episode as I find myself talking to Rudy about music video ideas.