Rex x reader- What's wrong with a little fun?

Warning! This is a lime, but don't worry I'll warn you guys when it's coming so you can skip right over it if you want. Enjoy your Rexie you thirsty fangirls! *Kicks Rex off stage and into the thirsty mob forming at the edge*

Your heart thrummed nervously in your chest as your fingers drummed against the cafe table. This was the third time you and your boyfriend tried to schedule a date this month, only for him to have a last minute emergency. You wish you could've seen him more this month but alas it didn't seem like it was going to happen. At this point you were losing hope that you would be able to hang out with him at all. You felt arms wrap around your shoulders and a kiss pressed to the corner of your mouth, you immediately turned around to see your grinning boyfriend.

"Surprise?" He grins sheepishly, seeing your angry face, but you immediately brightened and hugged him.

"About time! I thought you weren't gonna show!"

"Wow, you have such little faith in me" he pouts.

"Well it's already happened three times-"
"I know and I'm so sorry, but today I promise I'll make it up to you."
"Rex, it's not your fault, you gotta go save the world. I'm just here being a little selfish that's all" you sigh.

"No (Y/N) you've been nothing but selfless and patient with me and I promise I'm going to make it up to you all today" Rex grins at you.

"So uh...are you two gonna sit down and order or what?" The waiter coughs awkwardly. You turned red and apologized quickly before jumping back in your seat. Rex taking the chair across from you. You both ordered what you wanted and the waiter went off to go place the order in the kitchen. You turned back around to see Rex looking at you with this lovestruck look in his eyes. You turned red and looked at the table under you. He took one of your hands in his and carressed his thumb over your knuckles while giving you this soft smile. Your blush worsened a little but he noticed. You almost forgot how much he made your heart flutter and make your face go red with just little romantic gestures like this.

"So...w..what did you mean about all day?" You question.

"Doc somehow managed to convince White Knight to give me the day off." He answers happily.

"Really? That's great!"
"Though, I have to be back in Providence in a few hours, in case if there's an emergency" Rex did a very spot on impression of White Knight, making you chuckle a little.

"So I take it your bringing me with you?" You ask, Rex nodded.

"Yeah I came up with a lot of fun stuff to do"
"Alright, I just have some math homework I have to do first"
"Algebra two?"
"Yeah, I've kinda been putting it off"
"You can bring it to Providence and we can chill in my room for a bit" Rex suggests, "and I could try to help. Even if it isn't Trig." You smile before beginning to laugh.
"Hey! What's so funny?!"
"You trying Algebra two!" You laugh as he pouts.

"I'm not that bad" he mutters, crossing his arms.

"Aww Rexie, yes you are"
-Timeskip-

When the waiter came over with the food you and Rex began talking and catching up with each other, it was nice to finally see him again and just talk. After, the both of you walked around joking and laughing hand in hand. You walked all the way to your house (which wasn't really that far away from the cafe) and prepped for a day at Providence, especially in the E.V.O zoo since you and Rex liked hanging out there the most. Your favorite activity was sitting on the rock above the waterfall and playing numerous board games, which you put into your satchel along with your procrastinated Algebra two homework. You took one step outside and saw Rex with his air build.
"No"
"Oh yes" you sigh and pinch the bridge of your nose.
"I don't have a choice do I?"
"Nope!"
"Of course, but if I die, I'm coming back to haunt you"
"Fair enough" he picked you up bridal style before zooming into the air. You screamed slightly and clung to him to prevent yourself from becoming street pizza. Rex had an arm around your back and shoulders to keep you stable. You felt the rumble in his chest as he laughed.