Bakugou Katsuki x Reader [Drabble]

I don't see you as a protector! More like a distraction!

Those words rang in your head as you peeked your head out of your dorm room, everyone was having a good time in the living area but you couldn't bring yourself to join them. You didn't want to be in the same room as him, Katsuki Bakugou. Since your quirk allowed you to make general projections out of light and energy you always joked that you were a protector to everybody since you could easily make shields to cover them. You had a hidden meaning behind this, that if anyone felt unsafe or uncomfortable you would help them out and be the ears that they need to listen, the mouth to give advice or a shoulder if they just want to get their emotions out. You were very touchy on this topic believe it or not and ever since Bakugou said that to you, you wondered if you could cut it as a pro. There were so many people with so many amazing quirks, they deserved to be in this Hero Course more than you. Could you really be a protector for everybody?
"Hey (Y/N)? We're using Shouto to make cookies, do you want to-"
"No!" You flinched when you realized how loud that was, and you cut off Mina too. "I...I just need my alone time."
"Oh, ok" you heard her walk away and you cracked the door open just a little bit to hear the conversation.

"So what'd she say?"
"She just said that she wants to be alone, which is strange. She usually likes making a baking pan so Uraraka doesn't have to use to much of her quirk."
"Yeah, that is kinda weird"
"Now that you mention it...(Y/N) hasn't really talked a lot today...after training she looked pretty sad, ribbit. Like she failed something."

I guess you could put it like that...Su's always has known me the best...

"So should we go see her? Convince her to come out?"
"No, ribbit, that's the worst thing you could do! Give her time, if she doesn't want to come out when the treats are done then we'll push a little. (Y/N)'s sad is very different from normal, if we show too much empathy it'll only drive her away and she may not talk at all."

"Yeah...ok" you closed the door, not wanting to hear any more. You dragged yourself over to your bed and fell onto it, why are they so worried about me? I'm not worth anything, I suck as a hero! I'm terrible! I should just quit! You don't know how long you lied on your bed and imagined quitting U.A. for, but you were already imagining how everything would go back to normal as a knock jolted you out of your thoughts.
"I'm studying" you call, faking your best tired voice, it was something often said when people were busy and didn't want to be bothered.

"In the dark?! What kind of dumbass studies in the dark!?" You sighed, it was Bakugou.

"I'm using the moonlight!" You call, your eyes were more sensitive to light so it was a perfectly valid excuse.

"You always use that frickin' nightlight of yours when you want to study in the dark!"
"Well not this time! I wanted to try something different!"
"Tch, I'm not leaving until you answer the goddamn door!"
"Well what if I don't want to because I'm studying?!"
"Then fricking listen then instead of that shitty music!" You heard Bakugou sit in front of your door, you knew he wasn't leaving so you sat across.

"What do you want?" It was silent for a few moments, did he leave?

"I um...dammit! Why does this have to be so hard?! Look, if you're sulking because of what I said frickin' don't! Ok?! Frickin' Sparkplug was being a dumbass and it was gettin' on my nerves!" Bakugou practically yelled at the top of his lungs.

"S...so you didn't mean it?" You ask as you opened the door just a crack, Bakugou got up, his eyes wide before he registered your question. A smirk formed upon his lips as he leaned on the doorframe.

"Not in the way your dumbass brain is thinking" your face turned red and Bakugou 'tched' after hearing no response from you.

"You're worrying all the extras by being so frickin' mopey, just come out and hang out with them, they're starting to get annoying."
"U...um ok, give me a second" you mutter, going to your room and getting your special glasses so you don't get a sensory overload from the sheer amount of light. You opened the door where Bakugou was waiting for you.
"Are you going to stop being mopey now?"
"Y...yeah" you answer quietly, Bakugou nodded and side stepped to give you room to leave. He quietly shut your door before going so you were side by side. You felt his fingers brush yours and looked down, seeing how his hand was open. Is he silently asking me to- you saw the tense expression on his face. He is! You grinned to yourself immediately taking his hand into yours. His body physically relaxed while his knuckles turned white as he clutched your hand as you happily walked into the room with your possibly new boyfriend as of 5 seconds ago.