Gajeel x Reader- Hanahaki AU

Requested by AshliDinkleman, I'm so sorry it took so long, also warning y'all are prolly gonna want tissues nearby for this, just sayin' 

You peered around the guildhall from the second floor. Makarov had to leave because of the Magic Council and Team Natsu went on a job (personally you believed there was a correlation between these two events). So the responsibility of taking care of the guild was left to you, the only other S-class in the guild besides Mira, but Mira seemed to like causing trouble instead of keeping the guild from it. Normally, you probably would be too, but the guild was your home and since you were in charge you wanted to keep it in one piece.

"Phantom scum, you shouldn't even be apart of this guild!"

"Master Makarov must really be a fool if he let someone like you join!" Your eyes narrowed at the sight of your newest member, Gajeel, getting bullied by some other members of the guild who you've only seen around but never talked to personally. You jumped off the railing, creating a giant crystal slide with your crystal make magic and sliding down it like you were surfboarding and landing on your feet effortlessly. The guild became quiet, knowing that whatever was going to happen was most likely going to be good.

"Is there something wrong?"
"Something wrong?! He's part of the guild!" One of the guys pointed at Gajeel.

"I don't see any issues with that"
"Any issues?! He was part of the guild that destroyed our guildhall! If anyone should be teaching him a lesson it's you (Y/N)! You grew up here didn't you?! That guildhall was your home!" The other guy pointed at Gajeel, you took note how Gajeel was hurt while the other two didn't have a scratch.

"Fairy Tail was my home, not a building. I'm sure that when Master Makarov gets back he won't like to hear about guild members pushing around other guild members. At Fairy Tail we're family, so like it or not Gajeel's here and he's here to stay." You told the guys, who became deathly afraid real fast and bolted as soon as you finished, shouting their apologies as they left.

"Are you alright?" You asked Gajeel, holding out your hand, he merely slapped it away.

"Fine"
"Go to the infirmary, I'll call Mrs. Porlyusica and have her check up on you" you told him.

"Yeah, no thanks"
"Do it" you gave him a stern look he glared right back at you before turning away his gaze.

"Fine." He growled a little before walking away and up the stairs. You walked to the bar and held out your hand as Mira handed you essentially the guild's hotline to Mrs. Porlyusica.
"Hello?" Her voice came through as you walked up the stairs yourself.

"Hello Mrs. Porlyusica, you aren't busy are you?" You asked her politely, ever since you showed up at Mrs. Porlyusica's asleep on her doorstep using a crystal-make magic tome as a pillow she's had a soft spot for you.

"No, not at all, what is it dear?" Mrs. Porlyusica smiled at you once she realized who she was talking to.

"Well, one of the guild members got hurt in a scuffle, do you think you could check up on him?"
"Why can't you do it? You're just as qualified as I am"
"I don't think he wants to see me right now..." Porlyusica shook her head but kept the smile on her face.

"You're too soft for a crystal mage dear, I'll be over soon enough"
"Thank you Mrs. Porlyusica"
"See you soon dear" and with that she hung up, you held the lacrima in one hand as you continued your monitoring of the guild before the incident. You also monitored behind you too, making sure Gajeel did not jump out the window until Mrs. Porlyusica arrived. You never knew with Fairy Tail wizards. You only heard some minor shuffling in the room, suggesting that Gajeel was most likely getting bored or he was curious about the infirmary. You noticed Porlyusica enter the guild and you immediately brightened and waved to her at the second floor.