Dangerous Control

Should I try to do a first person Robin story one day? Spice it up?

Thanks to Jenny_Mythical_Witch for the title name

Edited 07/02/2024: format changes and small additions

Robin didn't like it. He wanted it to stop. He needed to think but he couldn't no matter how hard he tried to stay traught. All he could do was hug his knees and pray that they don't find him. How could he ever fight back? As much as he liked to pretend he could take on anyone and anything, he was still human at the end of the day. A human with minimal supplies since he didn't come in knowing he was going to have to fight for his life. Together, the team was much stronger than him so hiding was his only option until backup arrived. So under the table, he sat, waiting for things to go back to normal.

Suddenly, he heard footsteps enter the room. They were coming towards him, he knew it. He held his breath and began to crawl cautiously to a new hiding space. The footsteps paused so he paused. His heart was going a mile a minute and it took all his strength not to hyperventilate.

"Robin, it's okay. Everything's fine now," M'gann's sickly sweet voice called out. "Just come out." His eyes narrowed, not believing a single thing she said. Silently, he crawled to the cupboards and climbed into one, being extra careful to make sure the door didn't make a noise when it closed. They'd find him eventually. It was a small living space after all and they had a super on the team who could likely hear him breathing. 

He took this spare second to look at the distress signal he sent out when this whole thing started. It'd been received thankfully. Now he could only hope they didn't find him before backup does. He thought back to what happened a few hours ago, trying to comprehend that this was real and wasn't some nightmare he'd eventually wake up from.

It had all started on a mission, like everything that plagued Robin's existence did. He'd been excused because he was deemed 'unfit for service' since he hadn't slept in four days. Bruce had introduced the new punishment after he pulled five consecutive all-nighters and went on a mission purely fueled by energy drinks and a couple of crackers. 

He wasn't quite sure what happened on their mission but when the team came back they started acting weirdly. For one, they all said they had headaches after fighting some villain. Then they had a private meeting without him after their faces went blank. 

Naturally, he didn't think they were under some sort of mind control, instead, he assumed they had something to settle like an argument of some sort. Arguments weren't exactly rare on the team and they tried their best to squash whatever beef they had with one another before they were sent out again. In hindsight, they were probably plotting all of this or maybe it was whoever was using them as puppets were plotting it. Whatever had control over them, didn't want him around to see what was going on. He knew that for sure

When they came back, Kaldur asked him to come to take a look at the pool because he thought there was something wrong with it. Not thinking much of it, he followed him to the pool despite not hearing any specific problem with it before going. Briefly, he thought it was code for a chat without the others hearing so he excused the lack of explanation.