Why the hell is there a monster in a lab?

This is Tim's Robin because, idk if i said this in a different chapter, but i want to write his relationship with Dick better. He might be a little out of character so sorry in advance. The answers to your questions will be at the bottom so stick around if you wanna see that

Robin had strayed away from his temporary mentor's gaze once again. Nightwing would get so engrossed with work that sometimes he forgot that he had someone to look after. Tonight was brotherly bonding patrol. He didn't agree to that name but he didn't mind the meaning behind it. Everyone who knew anyone in The League knew that Nightwing was a sort of fan favourite and to have him all to himself gave Robin a sense of superiority over those who could only see him when they passed in a hallway. Though there was a slight problem with working with Nightwing when you're a teen craving that sweet ass-kicking action. Nightwing thought through his plans gradually and often rambled over different situations, forgetting that he was completely ignoring someone else. Robin guessed he was more thorough nowadays than before since whenever he brought up how indecisive he could be to Bruce, he'd receive a confused expression. His instincts told him that the previous Robin had instilled that fear of going in too quickly. Despite this, he couldn't be bothered waiting any longer and snuck away. He'd do it by himself just for kicks. It wasn't like he was trying to prove himself or anything.

He slid into the building through a vent and began strolling around. Correction - stealthily strolling around, he was on the job after all. Batman told them the aim was to take files on a psychoactive chemical the lab had made then destroy the samples there prevent them from making any more batches. They had the go-ahead from the appropriate higher-ups to destroy anything they sought fit. Admittedly, he couldn't wait to smash things up. Though being unable to wait for things was a problem in itself. He shook the thought from his head and turned a corner into the lab. "Too easy," Robin muttered confidently. Only he could simply stumble across the lab they were looking for. Inside there were vials and glasses were full of a purple liquid which he assumed to be the drug. It smelt awful, like lavender mixed with rubbish. He reluctantly shivered as the smell filled his nostrils, making them sting in the process. Thank God Nightwing hadn't been with him, he would've constantly commented on the stench with some sort of pun or other. Although, there were a few puns that made the stream of them worth it. Something about his stupid puns or the expectant grin afterward made him laugh. He continued to weave through the tables of scientific equipment until he got to the computer. His extensive IT knowledge should make taking the files as easy as taking candy from a baby.

After a couple of minutes, Robin managed to get the files. He turned around to begin the disposing of the chemicals but he paused. Something wasn't right. A sudden sense of dread had filled him from head to toe. He pulled out his escrima stick and cautiously peeked out into the hallway. Nothing seemed unusual until he saw a bright blob of blue in a sea of black. He whipped his head around to see some sort of beast was heading right towards him. Quickly, he got into a fighting stance and struck it in the stomach, sending it falling back onto the floor. The beast let out a groan yet, instead of taking the opportunity to save itself a severe beating, it stood back up. He couldn't blame it since it didn't seem too aware of its surroundings. As it got up, it towered over Robin but that didn't intimidate him. He'd made a career out of fighting people twice his size. He struck it again in the stomach but it dodged his move. It went to grab his hands but he skillfully dodged the lunge. He wondered where Nightwing was. He couldn't be too far away at this point as planning didn't take that long. Not like he needed him nor wanted him for that matter. He hit the beast in the back, hearing a pained grunt escape its lips. A sharp claw caught him by surprise and scratched his cheek. He felt warmth trickle down his face and assumed it to be blood. He gritted his teeth and rolled with the punches, or scratches in this case. The beast whipped him with its tail, knocking out his legs and forcing him to the ground. It snarled and growled in his face, spitting on it in the process. Robin grimaced at feeling the saliva disperse on his face but recovered soon after. He brought his legs up beneath the creature and pushed up, knocking it to the floor for a few seconds. He scrambled to his feet and slid his hand into his boots. There he had two extra birderangs that had been freshly sharpened. Although it was sort of a no-no to use them as knives, this creature wasn't a person. It could barely be described as an animal. Plus he wasn't trying to kill it. He deemed the lecture worth it. As he grabbed them the creature tilted its head in confusion. It would've been cute had the thing not tried to kill him moments ago. Whilst it stared at him in confusion, he ran into it and pushed it against the wall. He then stabbed both birderang's through its wrists, successfully pinning it to the wall. It let out an awful howl of pain that felt like nails scratching on a chalkboard.