Another little something

So it's not little it's nearly 3000 words but I wanted to get something out because I'm gonna get really busy soon 

ALSO REQUESTS CLOSE TOMORROW SO TODAY IS THE LAST DAY FOR REQUESTS - I WON'T BE TAKING ANY MORE FOR A WHILE BECAUSE OF COLLEGE AND IT BEING A TAD MORE IMPORTANT THAN FANFIC SORRY

EDIT: TW BLOOD

Loyalty. It was something a Talon valued highly, even higher than their own life. Dick struggled with the new idea of loyalty his family told him. They told him loyalty was important but it wasn't everything. It was valued but not valued above life. They couldn't blame him for struggling with the new definition. It wasn't just training that made him feel so strongly about loyalty. In order to make a Talon, the Court needs complete devotion. Considering that most potential Talons didn't consent to be a Talon, the Court injected a concoction of chemicals that completely changed someone's mind. It made Talons crave someone or something to give them a mission. They needed missions to complete and someone to answer to. Even after being freed from the grip of the Talons for little more than three years, Dick still had this notion that those he's loyalty are those who give him missions. But not every person you're loyal to shares the same ideas or gives the same missions. Plus the fact that they didn't need to say "I order you to" or "I demand you to" for Dick to take their wants as a mission you can see how this could cause some problems. Especially when people don't know his full story. 

Young Justice was on a mission together. The stakes weren't high and considering how intense their first mission together was, it was a pleasant change of pace. They were on a simple patrol of an already cleared area and were promised afterward a fun night in with Robin. Since his family normally swooped him away as soon as the mission was done, they were excited to spend more time. The Island was quiet as the group strolled around. Robin couldn't help but be on high alert. It was just his nature to be. Every rustle caught his attention but he wasn't that different from Superboy. "Hear something, Robin?" Miss Martian would ask every time. He'd stay silent then shake his head, attributing to a bird or the wind. It was as they were finishing their walk around that Robin stopped suddenly. He whipped around and stared off into the port. A boat was being docked and a large group of people was taking boxes off of it. "We've got trouble," he announced. They turned around and looked in the direction of the pier. 

"Great and I here I thought we'd be having a quiet night," Artemis complained. Normally she was into a night where something happened but she really couldn't be bothered. Her muscles were already aching from the intense training beforehand and she'd rather the ability to move in the morning. "We need a plan and quick," Robin stated. "They're armed and I doubt they have any mercy."

"We should stay low and call this in," Aqualad said. Considering how their first mission went, he didn't want another situation like that to happen. If they called it in and got information then they could act accordingly and not bring up someone's potential trauma. "By the time we get anything, they'll be done. We should go down there and fight," Superboy protested.

"But if we go down there blind who knows what will happen?" Artemis defended. They could get into a world full of trouble if they didn't get enough information. This might be a League level thing. "Guys can you-" Robin began.

"I agree with Supes. May as well bite the bullet now," Kid Flash interrupted.

"Maybe we should do surveillance then decide?" Miss Martian suggested, hoping that would be a happy medium. They were running out of time to make a decision. The men were nearly done unloading their cargo. "Just pause for a minute-" the boy wonder attempted to say before he was interrupted again.