that moment when your kid gets kidnapped and turned into a talon

Aromantic_Satan requested this but imma put it in two parts otherwise this would just be too long

If my timelines are off, forgive me but it's hurting my head so just go with the flow

Also kinda went off track here and there but I hope it's still okay

EDIT: TW BLOOD

Damian groaned as ringing filled his mind. He forced his eyes open to see what the hell just happened. One minute he and his family were having a pit stop from patrol inside an abandoned warehouse that they'd recently cleared out and the next Damian was lying on the floor with sharp pains periodically stabbing into different limbs. When he opened his eyes, he was vaguely aware that most of his brothers and father were in the same state as him. A dull shouting caught his attention. He couldn't make out exactly what they were saying but he knew the voice well enough. It was Dick's. He furrowed his eyebrows and blinked a few times, hoping to be rid of the blur that had settled in his eyes. Several blinks later and his picture of the world was much clearer. Dick was being held back two men in Talon uniforms. He'd recognize them anywhere. His little brother was screaming and crying as he kicked his legs out to stop what was happening. The Talons shared a look before stabbing something into his neck. "Grayson!" Damian replied, outstretching his arm like that would do anything. He watched helplessly as Dick slowly became limp and his cries quietened to an ominous silence. Black dots invaded his vision whilst the Talons escaped, carrying his youngest brother with them.

That was the last time he saw his brother. Every day since then he'd blamed himself for it. He should've fought off the pain he was going through and do something. Sometimes, when he was alone, he'd allow himself to shed a tear over what happened. He'd lost the person he held the closest. He supposed what hurt the most about it was Dick was shouting for him. Dick called his name thinking that he would solve his problem and come save him. But all he did was lay on the floor and watch him be carried off. That was five years ago.

Nightwing prowled the city, looking for anyone causing some chaos. He hadn't given up some sort of hope that his little brother would turn up one day with that stupid grin and dumb phrases. Few members of the League shared his idealistic hope. Although there was a considerable number that thought Dick was still alive somewhere, they shared the consensus that he wouldn't be the child that left all those years ago. He'd be different. Nightwing refused to believe that. He liked things to be the same and naively thought that Dick was just too pure for that to happen. As he dwelled on the thought of Dick for the umpteenth time since his kidnapping, a bloodcurdling scream was emitted from a block of flats near bye. He jumped into action and began running over. He guessed from the scream that it had come from inside one of them and, judging by the clear bloodstain in one of the rooms, the victim was no longer alive. Nightwing climbed up the fire escape steps and smashed open a window. There could still be a survivor inside. He hoped there was. He wasn't in the mood for another grim reminder that the world was cruel.

As he cautiously walked through the apartment, he finally came across the murder scene in the living room. The victim was a man he recognized as one of the rich old men who were invited to the same galas as Bruce. He was never fond of them as he found them too big for the boots. Most of them had been born into money and, since he had three brothers from low-income backgrounds, he didn't see why they should boast about it. Though, that in no way meant he wanted to see them viciously murdered in their own home. He saw no point in checking for a pulse thanks to the amount of blood. Nightwing clutched his escrima sticks tighter as he searched for any sort of weapon or even the culprit. That didn't take him long as the murderer found him first. Someone lept on his back but he quickly fell back, slamming them against the floor. The murderer made a loud grunt of pain at having the force of a twenty-something-year-old land on him suddenly. Nightwing turned around and pinned them to the floor, knocking the blade out of their hand as soon as he could and throwing it across the floor. Something odd he noted was that their hands were rather small for a vicious murderer. He glanced down, catching their yellow eyes in the street light. "Talon," he muttered, knowing their eyes anywhere. Despite the eyes being golden, they looked like someone else he knew. He looked down further, noticing that the assailant was rather small. No, it couldn't be. They couldn't have done that to him. "Grayson?"