They fucked up

Aromantic_Satan this is what happens when I'm indecisive - REVERSE BATFAM BTW

Deck a doctor sounds like a band name...I call it if I ever start a band

Can we also appreciate that as a kid I didn't realize that Charlie in Charlie and Lola was a boy? 

EDIT: TW GORE

Pain was the only thing he could feel. In some way, he was happy that he was feeling it when he was outside of his suit. At least he could scream out without ruining his reputation as the smart mouth kid who never showed any sign of weakness. There was too much resting on his shoulders for him to afford to. Joker was reveling in his suffering, giggling and chuckling when another slash caused a river of blood to escape the confinements of his body. There was finally a pause in the constant torture as the knives were losing their metallic glint from the stains of blood. Joker tutted to himself and took out a jar of salt. "Now just because the knives are getting dirty doesn't mean the party should stop should it?" the man commented. He dug his gloved hand into the jar, letting the salt fall through the gaps of his fingers a few times just to toy with his victim. Dick gritted his teeth together. He knew how this was going to go. He shook his head instinctively even though he knew that wouldn't stop what was going to happen. His eyes went wide with panic as the Joker took a handful and stalked towards him. "Now, which cut should I do it to? I don't want those lovely Js to get all infected. Oh, I've spotted the perfect one!" A burning sensation hit Dick like a truck as a heap of salt was rubbed into the open cuts on his shoulder. He tried to bite back a scream as best he could, not wanting to give the clown any more satisfaction but he couldn't help but cry just that bit harder. "Aww, is baby upset? We've not even got to the best part yet," Joker cooed. He took the knives from the nearby table and went to a bucket of water that was only a foot away. There was a rag beside it. Dick felt his heart drop when he noticed it. He knew what it was going to be used for. The fact that his blood was now tainting it was turning his stomach. "Why am I here?" Dick croaked. He was being put through hell anyway so he thought he may as well know why. 

"Well Batsy has a whole little family of brats and since my Harley has decided she wants to play hero, I'm down a sidekick. Who better to fill that space than you? The lonely circus freak. The charity case. The popularity booster," he explained. "Not to mention, the Wayne's are rather close to the bat brats. Though you mean less than nothing to them, it's the principle of the matter."

"That's not true, they love me. Even if it was, what makes you think torturing me will get me to work under you?" he questioned. Joker chuckled under his breath as he tapped the side of the knife on the rim of the metal bucket. 

"Dickie dearest, you'll bend to my will because what else do you have? I've kept you here for what? Two days by this evening," he explained. "It's between death or being with me. At least with me, you can make them pay for leaving you in my care." He got back up then wiped the blade against the rag. "What will it be? Don't you want to live past twelve?"

There was a long pause as Dick thought about which poison to pick. Then he shook off the ideas the villain was placing in his head. "I don't need to make a decision like that because Batman will save me. Him and all his proteges. Let's face it, Joker, when have you ever won?" he spat. Joker's perpetual smile fell. His eyes went dark as his grip on the knife got tighter. 

"I've won many times. I killed the second Robin."

"Who then came back to life as Red Hood." The older man began to pace around him. He leaned over the child as he circled him like a starving dog around an injured rabbit. Dick could practically see the white froth building up at the side of his mouth from how angry he was getting. "I paralyzed Barbara Gordon."