Failure

i think I'm due a writer's block soon which is really annoying because i need to do something with my David and Dick villain au (which if you have any suggestions for let me know) so have Talon! Dick

You thought it as over? ha 

shout out to Supergirl406 PNGonzalez and FandomTrash257 for helping me with ideas for this

EDIT: TW GORE

Failure was inevitable. It was a fact of life that everyone fails at some point in their life. The failure can go from small to life-changing but it's failure all the same. Everyone fails. Almost everyone. Talons never fail. They were made to be perfect fighters. They may fail on their way to becoming a Talon but once they were a full Talon, they will never fail again. It was impossible and went against their very nature. A hero did fail though. They failed less than they succeeded but they failed. Dick was a hero and a Talon. In essence, he was made up of the polar opposites and one side will win over the other from time to time. It was accepted that you couldn't order Dick to do something unless it was a last resort because of his Talon side and he accepted that he needed to work on his people skills because of his hero side. However, one major thing was skipped over as he was slowly introduced into the hero life. None of them were prepared or even though to prepare for the inevitable day that failure came.

The mission ended horribly. A building blew up, six people died and the worst part was that it was all in vain. Young Justice never collected the information. They didn't get close. On the ride back, they were all dreading the yelling that would happen. They were all silent. Shell shocked. They'd never messed up that hard before and they didn't really know what to do. People had died. Granted they were the henchmen but who said they agreed with the views and ideas of their employers? They might have families that needed providing for. This might've been their last job before going back to legality. The Bioship was silent. M'gann was only just able to fly the ship through the floods of tears. "I'm sorry about all of this. I will take the brunt of the blame for this. I should've led you better," Kaldur announced.

"It's not your fault. Things just took a turn for the worse," Connor replied. He was right with what he was saying. Luck wasn't on their side tonight. One thing led to another and boom, everything went up in flames. Quite literally. "Even so, I am the leader. It's my responsibility," he responded. Though he appreciated the clone's sentiment, his role was to prevent things like this from happening. He glanced around the ship at the team in shambles. Artemis was biting back tears, Wally was silent which was worrisome enough, Connor was visibly pale and Dick well he couldn't really tell. His face was blank. He just looked like himself. Maybe his Talon training had kicked in so he was already desensitized to things going badly. Kaldur wished rather naively that he could do the same. His eyes were constantly wet with unshed tears that he dare not shed in front of his teammates. He was the eldest of the group which made him like the big brother, their protector in a way. If they saw him upset, that would just say that they failed completely. They didn't. So he didn't cry.

The worst part was coming back. There was a sense of wanting to run away as they finally landed. They wouldn't get very far. The League would find them and drag them back to the reality that they'd messed up big time. There was no way to change that so they had to face the consequences. The ship landed and they were greeted by Batman's glare. He didn't say a word. He waved for them to follow him and they did. What else were they going to do? Disobey him? Don't be stupid. He led them into the main room of the Mountain that housed the Zetatubes to leave. They looked longingly to the escape route, knowing it was beyond their reach. They got into their line up subconsciously and waited. They weren't spared. Batman yelled at them to no end and they had to take it. At the end of the day, they showed themselves up. This would be a PR nightmare. Anti-hero groups could twist and turn this whichever way they wanted and they'd still look awful. "You should've gotten those men out of there!"