Wait, who's Robin?

Request by Supergirl406

They gave me permission for birdflash so if you don't like I'm sorry 

Aqualad's heart jumped to his throat when he saw Robin strawn out limply on the floor. His eyes were closed and blood was collecting in a puddle around his head. For a moment, he was frozen in time. He was the one to send Robin ahead to get the information and that's where he ended up as a result. The shock wore off and he dashed to the boy, putting two fingers to his neck. Still alive at least. "Robin's down!" he yelled to the others who were fighting off the rest of the guards. Kid Flash was the first to be at his side, worry for Robin clear in his emerald eyes. 

"He's not?" he asked.

"Unconscious."

"Who did this?" he asked.

"Someone must've hit him and ran. Take him to the bioship with Miss Martian. We can be picked up later, he's your priority." Kid Flash nodded and gently picked up the teen, taking him to the bioship with Miss Martian in tow.

Miss Martian came back half an hour later to pick up the rest of the team who were eager to see what happened to Robin. "Was he awake when you left?" Artemis inquired. The martian shook her head. 

"I haven't got word from Wally either so he must still be out," she responded with a frown. She was clearly worried as were the rest of them. There was something even scarier about head injuries. They were something that could cause massive damage and keep someone out of commission for a long time, sometimes forever. Robin not waking up didn't ease their fears. What would they do if he was in a coma? They all had some knowledge of hacking but Robin was the one they could depend on to get through and find the data they needed. It wasn't just work either. He brought a light atmosphere when they didn't do too well and he was always ready to defend them, even against his own mentor. Then there was just how close he was to the team. He was like their little brother despite their lack of actual family ties. None of them wanted to lose that. "I'm sure he'll be okay," Miss Martian stated, trying to bring up both her hopes and the hopes of her teammates. 

"Yeah, he comes back from anything. A nuclear bomb couldn't keep him down," Artemis added.

"I got to him fairly quickly so he'll have luck on his side," Aqualad commented. Superboy gave a nod of confirmation. Words weren't really his thing but the sentiment was there.

When they got back, they all made a b line to the medical bay in the Mountain. They found Robin laying in a cot with a series of wires connected to different machines. A heart monitor beeped steadily, giving them some sort of comfort that he was indeed still alive even if his eyes were closed. White bandages were wrapped around his head, making him look like he was in the middle of getting dressed up like a mummy. If he was awake, he would've made a joke about it. They wished he was awake. Black Canary was absent from the room but Wally was sitting beside him, holding his hand. He was waiting for a light squeeze or a tug. Something to tell him his boyfriend was still in there somewhere. "How is he?" Kaldur asked. 

"Still unconscious but we managed to stop the bleeding. Seems like a head trauma but there's nothing obvious to worry over," Wally answered, keeping his eyes trained on Robin's features. A twitch would do. He'd take anything. 

"Where's Canary?" Artemis asked.

"Telling his family," he responded.

"That'll be a barrel of laughs," she muttered. They were overprotective at the best of times, they'd be lucky to get out of this one without being ripped to shreds.