Blame YouTube

Hey YouTube, if you could stop recommending me really sad things I'd really appreciate not seeing characters I love either dying or being in emotional pain whether it be a clip from a show or a sad edit 

So here's a character being in an emotional pain

Blame YouTube

EDIT: TW SUICIDAL THEMES

https://sossilenceofsuicide.org/?gclid=Cj0KCQjw38-DBhDpARIsADJ3kjn2gCMdx_ygHYr5QLZ2-e8R-x2vJeB3JUYGBJkUzP2E1XTPkHRmGMAaAnhkEALw_wcB

https://suicideprevention.ca/

https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/

This was the first time in a few months that Dick was sitting in his apartment alone. He was watching the news as he waited on a text from Wally. Occasionally, he took sips of his cup of tea to keep him calm. Admittedly, he really missed the ginger even though he'd only gone out for a few things and was only gone a matter of twenty minutes. He couldn't help it. Ever since Wally returned from the speed force, not being near him held this awful weight on Dick's chest. He hadn't told him about it. It would only worry Wally and these months weren't about himself. They were about putting their lives back together and helping the speedster return to some sort of normality after it happened. Though he didn't doubt that the missed patrols and clinginess raised alarms, it didn't reveal the true extent of the problem.

A loud dramatic jingle caught his attention and brought his eyes off his phone. The TV displayed a large shop on fire. Outside were firefighters and police who were escorting a group of people wearing wacky costumes to their cars. "Another villain," he muttered to himself. He should be more fazed by it but they happened so often that he'd long since become desensitized to it. The loss of life would give him a shock but seeing the damage did little to jostle him anymore. He continued to listen. The attack was in Bludhaven. His attention peaked and he gave the TV his full attention. Okay, just because it was Bludhaven didn't mean anything. It could be on the other side of town. Wally might not even be near there. He was fine. Everything was fine. Despite his wishful thinking, his breathing hitched and increased as he sat on the edge of his seat trying to listen to the report over the sound of his own heart beating in his ears. His palms were getting sweaty whilst the reporter listed the events of the evening. He didn't care about how the police reprimanded the idiots who decided to do this for something or other, he wanted to know if Wally was there. The shop was Target. There were three Targets in Bludhaven. Wally said he was going to Target. His mouth suddenly felt too dry for words. Oh, the Target on fire was close to their apartment building? Three victims already found? Wally might not be there, he tried to assure himself. He liked his walks. He could've gone to a different one, deciding he fancied a long walk. Yeah, that sounded right. Then his eyes just happened to glance away from the reporter. There was a body being covered up. He couldn't see them very well. Just a tuft of...ginger hair. Wally had ginger hair.

Dick dropped his cup of tea and it smashed on the floor. He jumped up from the couch. He couldn't lose him again. It hurt too much to lose him the first time. Everything lost meaning. He'd considered things he never would've considered if Wally were by his side. He'd always been his logical better half, believe it or not. Wally kept him sane. Kept him from doing the dumbest things he would've done without a second thought. He needed him. The last time he was left without Wally, he eventually he got out of his funk but there was always that missing part of his life that nothing could fill. That position was never filled by anyone, mostly because it never could be filled by anyone other than the emerald-eyed idiot love of his life. He'd always wish Wally was around to see and hear things that he knew would draw that adorable laugh out. There was always that sorrowful tinge to all the fun he had since his mind always jumped to "Wouldn't it be better if Wally was here?" He felt his throat close up in apprehension of the sobs that were sure to come out. His eyes were already tearing up and allowing some to trickle down his cheeks. His touch on reality was beginning to slip.