Talon Dick being a struggling gay

CloeTheTealSnake has been missing my Birdflash stuff so I thought I'd post this earlier than I was going to so say thank you 

Pining is difficult for everyone. That's how pining works. Pining is made even more difficult when you don't really understand your more complex emotions. That's the situation Dick was in. He had a major crush on his teammate and he didn't even know it! The feelings of complete admiration weren't always there. Mostly because he didn't have many feelings aside from the main ones in the beginning. They really kicked in with one small act of kindness. A simple hand on the shoulder, an assuring smile and a pun about chemistry. He stared into their emerald eyes and felt completely smitten. His face heated up and he had the strong urge to lean into the touch. Unfortunately, he was so used to being rigid that he could only manage a small cackle. That seemed to be enough for the ginger who laughed at their own joke.

From then on Dick began getting weird symptoms. He wanted to constantly be around Wally. No matter what. Even if it was an inconvenience to everyone else. He also got this horrid pit in his stomach whenever he saw Wally go off with anyone else other than him or family members. There wasn't a name he could put to it but it was definitely there. When they spent time together, he wanted to just reach out and touch him. They'd accidentally brushed hands whilst walking once and it sent a rush through his system. The feeling was indescribable and he kept doing it every now and then to get another hit. Then there was a feeling he truly didn't know. It happened every time he caught a glimpse of the ginger shirtless. His face would burn up and he couldn't help but stare until someone reminded him about the ten-second rule on watching people. They'd always do it with a laugh but he never got why. There wasn't something funny about him staring at the other's chiseled abs and beautifully defined biceps. Even Wally seemed to laugh when he caught him staring. Was it a funny thing to do? Did they know the feelings he was having? He wanted to ask someone, anyone, to explain what these were. Why he needed to hear Wally talk about his day at school even though it didn't affect him. Why he had to lean into every small touch they had. Why his face was burning up so much. He wanted to ask a teammate but whenever he opened his mouth to he would choke up like his body was screaming at him to keep it a secret. He knew he shouldn't keep it quiet. Bruce made sure that he documented all his new feelings in order for him to understand. Dick snapped his fingers. Of course. He could just ask Bruce what these feelings were. Best off too. If it was some illness or other, telling one of his teammates first would only end in chaos. They seemed to get so worked up when even the slightest thing was wrong with him. One time he got back from a mission and they were running around like he was on his death bed when he was only stabbed once! Yes, Bruce was the best person to go to.

Said mentor was sitting at the Batcomputer alone and checking up on the mission logs. He knew they were completed but he was a bit of a control freak over how he liked it set out. Dick gulped and walked over, taking a seat next to him. Bruce knew immediately that this was a sign of him wanting to talk and stopped his work. He turned to the younger who looked visibly nervous with a curious look. "What's up chum?" he asked. There was an underlying tone of worry in his voice which was to be expected. This wasn't one of the days where they had their scheduled talks on emotions and the like and Dick didn't normally come to him outside of those days. "I have these feelings and I'm not quite sure what they are. It's been going on for eight months, two weeks and three days now," he explained. Bruce nodded, giving him his undivided attention. 

"Alright. Can you explain what the feelings make you do and who they're towards if anyone?"

"I want to be with a person all the time. I don't like when they talk to other people in the same way they talk to me. It makes my stomach and chest hurt like no way I've felt before. Then when we touch, I wish we touched more. And I can't stop staring at them, even though I know the rule I keep staring like I could for hours," he listed. "I could listen for hours and not even think twice about it. My face burns with nearly every interaction. Do you know what it is? Am I getting sick? It's been a long time, I wouldn't be surprised if I've mistaken the illness for an emotion." Bruce shook his head, lifting up his hand to stop him from listing any more possibilities for what it must be. He held Dick's hands in his own to stop their shaking, which their owner didn't know about until now, and spoke in a calm voice. "This isn't an illness Dick. This is a crush. Judging by the length of you having these feelings, it's a very serious crush at that," he enlightened him. Dick tilted his head in confusion and squinted his eyes.