Patrol sickness

This was supposed to come out like three days ago but I received some bad news. If you wanna know what it was I'll put it at the end of the story since I know the story is what y'all have been waiting for 

"This isn't funny."

"I know B."

"Then why are you laughing?" Bruce asked through a stuffed nose. He'd hardly made it out of bed that morning to trudge downstairs to breakfast. His sons were in no better state. They'd been on a stakeout the night before, call it their version of family bonding if you will, when a snowstorm hit. Half the city was covered with thick snow before they knew it but they had to bear the brunt of the freeze in order to complete the mission. All but Dick were punished with an awful cold. It wasn't fair in the least bit since, out of all of them, Dick was the least covered up. He suggested the old Robin suit built up his immune system. Those shorts saw him through some harsh winters.

"I can't help it. You all look like hell," Dick defended. 

"Not all of us have perfect immune systems," Jason snapped back. He sniffled angrily to punctuate his sentence. 

"This sucks! We don't even have Alfred to take care of us," Tim groaned. The butler had taken some time off to visit family in England. It wasn't often he had time off and the snowstorm had been exceedingly unexpected so they had no reason to force him to stay. Now they wished they had. Even Damian wished the butler had stayed to see them through. His cooking was immaculate. That morning Dick had made breakfast but it wasn't half the spread Alfred would've put out for them. "Since I'm the only one who's able to breathe without coughing their lungs up, I'll look after you guys," Dick suggested. At that, Tim and Damian perked up a little. 

"You can hardly look after yourself," Jason argued. He couldn't count how many times the older had either forgotten to sleep or eat on all his fingers and toes. 

"Dick was great when I was Robin. You get to stay in bed all day and if you had any homework he'd do it for you," Tim replied, reminiscing on the few times he was too sick to go to school but not sick enough to cause serious concern. He smiled to himself at the memories. 

"Grayson was rather good at keeping me entertained, even though it soon became aggravating," Damian added. It was once in a blue moon when he agreed with the teen, making Dick count his lucky stars when they agreed on his ability to look after them. It was the only way he was going to get Jason and Bruce to let him take the wheel. "If you look after them, does that mean I get to stay in bed til patrol tonight?" Bruce questioned. Unsure, the acrobat nodded. "Then you're head of the household for today, therefore able to boss your brothers about, I'm going to sleep for ten hours," he announced, shuffling back upstairs to bed. 

"That enough to let me take care of you Jay?" A grumble left his lips but he nodded. Maybe there was an advantage to this situation about to reveal itself.

Once Bruce left, Dick went into full caregiver mode. He couldn't help it. Whenever people needed someone to look after them, he was first to volunteer. He was good at it too. Too good sometimes. "Right then, the best thing to cure patrol sickness-"

"Patrol sickness?" Damian questioned. That sure wasn't in any medical handbook he knew of. 

"I wore shorter shorts than Wonder Woman's skirt and weather in Gotham can be unpredictable, you get sick enough times to associate it with patrol," Dick justified, "To continue my point, the best thing to cure patrol sickness is bed rest and lots of it. So, up to your rooms with the lot of you." There was a collective groan as even the thought of moving a finger zapped them from any energy. "Trust me, it's the best thing for you. Plus you'll be separated so you won't be reinfecting one another." They ended up being carried one by one to bed since they refused to move. He repeated the same sentence to everyone, "If you need anything at all, call my name and I'll be there," then went downstairs to clean up after breakfast.