𝚂𝚝𝚎𝚏𝚊𝚗

The moon is high and the sky is only lit up by stars and I couldn't sleep. I laid in the bed next to Stefan for hours and my eyes remained open. I sighed peeling the warm blankets off my bare legs. I do a little stretch before making my way to his chair in front of the window. I bring my legs up to my chest and just stare outside. Typically on nights like this I would go to the living room and sit in front of the fireplace but everyone is here and by everyone I mean, Damon and Elena who are probably having sex. Caroline and Matt. Tyler also. Alaric too. Bonnie is probably knocked out with a spell book in her hands. We had a hard but successful day.

I was so lost in thought I didn't even hear Stefan get out of bed, "Hey, can't sleep?" He wrapped his strong arms around my neck and pecked my cheek.

"Yea, I tried but I just couldn't." I looked up to him. His eyes hung low and were on the verge of shutting at any minute. He was exhausted.

"Come on, we can cuddle and talk about what's on your mind." I let my legs fall to the floor and follow Stefan back to his side of the bed. He rolled into his bed and patted his stomach, signaling for me to lay down. My head rested just under his and my legs were intertwined with his.

"What's going on in that head of yours?" His eyes were shut.

"I don't know, you'd think I'd be tired after today but I just don't know Stefan." He rubbed my back mumbling something. Even if I can't sleep being in his arms it sure does feel good.