𝚂𝚝𝚎𝚏𝚊𝚗

Stefan's boots tip on the leave-covered floor, the pattern unsteady and nervous all the while his eyes are glued to the person he had a crush on since he enrolled in Mystic Falls High; You.

A group of students obscure his sight as they pass him with an elongated sign, that reads "Homecoming is just around the corner. Don't forget to buy your tickets".

But Stefan doesn't even register any of it, nor the squeaking sound of halting tires he should be familiar with or his brothers stare on his back.

"Go talk to her," Damon says impatiently. He has been watching for several minutes now. "You've been standing here staring and it's starting to get weird."
Stefan visibly tenses at the sudden sound of his brother's voice.

"Homecoming, huh?" Damon says, gesturing to the sign " Ew."

"I'm not going I, uh I think Y/n already has a date: I don't want-"

"You don't want to embarrass yourself. Too late baby bro, you're already doing that every day of your life." Stefan shoots him a glare "I'm kidding. Go and ask her or I will ask her for you."

"Fine."

Stefan adjusts his hair in the Camaros side mirror and walks over to where you're saying goodbye to your friends that drive home in another bus.

"Hey," Stefan says as he joins your side.

"Oh, hey Stefan, what's up?"

"I uh.." He stares at the ground for a moment, trying to remember the last time he has been this nervous "I was wondering if you want to go to Homecoming with me? It's okay if you don't I just-

"I would love to." You say, smiling at his obvious agitation, that is only intensified by the reflecting light of the yellow school bus coming to a halt behind him "But I gotta go now, my bus is here. Let's talk specifics tomorrow? After school maybe?"

"Sure, see you then!" Stefan waves you goodbye. He re-joins his brother moments after, fist high in the air to celebrate his victory, earning only an eye-roll from Damon.

"Put your fist down, we're not in the Breakfast Club."