Chapter 76

Jayden's POV

After dinner, I went back to my.. I mean mine and Maddison's room, to read the folder that Leo had given us yesterday. There was still a few minutes before meeting with the others so I have to hurry and scan the information so that at least I'd already have an idea of what the folder contains.

Actually, I told Darryl to give the folder to Garreth and Timothy but it turns out that they were a bit busy so they had no time to read it. So I told them that I'd scan it before then which they agreed.

Opening the folder, I started reading through as I sat on the bed. Most of the information here aren't that new. It says here that Miya is a bit closer with Taylor now but this doesn't say anything about Marcus.

But as I read through, I caught something that could have been a big problem for us if Leo and Tracy hadn't found out.

"Shit. Does that bastard always have a damn trick up his sleeve??" I growled out.

"Well he is half warlock." My wolf mused in my mind which made me give out a sigh.

"Not the right time for joking, Ros." He huffed.

"Well I'm just trying to ease your mind a bit. You need to relax more."

"And how am I suppose to relax with the Blood Moon fast approaching?? I could use your help with making a strategy you know. With what I've read in this, we have to change some things in the plan." I said as I continued to skim.

I suddenly felt a piercing pain in my head which made me drop the folder in my hand and resulted in the papers being scattered on the floor.

"W-What the..." I grunted as another wave of pain came.

"Have you thought of what I said??"

"Damn it Mavri!! How do you keep breaking through my barriers?!" I mentally growled.

"You can't always keep me locked up, Jayden. And Ros isn't capable of keeping me at bay for long." He said in his low voice.

"Are saying that I'm weak?!" Ros snarled in anger. "Jayden doesn't need you!! He has me and our friends at his side!!"

"He may, but I can tell you both that it isn't enough. And no, you're not weak. But I'm just simply saying that I'm more powerful than you." Mavri said, not minding Ros's outburt.

"And dangerous. Too dangerous." I said as I bent down to pick up the papers. "Ros is right, Mavri. We don't need you."

"And what about the information you found out in those papers??" He mused. "You know it yourself that you'll need my help."

"I SAID NO!!" I snapped. "Now leave us alone!!"

I could hear Mavri letting out a growl of annoyance in my head after that. "This will be our downfall, Jayden. Not only will our mate die along with out pup, but also all wolves along with the other races will perish. You need me. Sooner or later, you'll realize that."

I then felt his presence leaving until it was only me and Ros left. I finished picking up all of the papers just in time as the doors opened to reveal my mate.

"Hey, the others are waiting in Darryl's office." She said, but then must have noticed my worried look. "Everything okay, Jay??"

"No." I sighed. "Mavri popped up, again." I said, using my hand to comb my hair as I sat down on our bed. "He keeps on pestering me."