Chapter 85

Jayden's POV

Surprise could be in their expressions when I stood there. I still had my ability to hide my scent which was pretty handy in this situation.

"Well, I think it would be better if we talk about this with everyone else since there's no hiding it anymore." Garreth said before the five of us headed back to Darryl's office where everyone was still in.

Everyone must have seen our serious expressions since they then looked at us with both concern and curiosity as we sat down on the vacant seate. Me, sitting back beside my mate.

"So, what are you alphas hiding from me." I said out. Catching their attentions. "Here did you all send Aiden, Anthony and Toby off to??"

The four alphas looked at me apologetically as Lina looked at her mate with curiosity and the same could be said with my parents looking at Alpha Timothy.

"What do you mean, Jay??" Maddison asked.

"Well it looks like the alphas here made a decision without telling us all first." I said, not taking my gaze from them.

"We only wanted to help, Jay. We felt that you wouldn't agree with our plan so we decided to go on with it without telling you." Alex reasoned out.

"You're all still not telling us what decision this was."

"We sent them back to the Capital." Garreth said out, making us turn to him. "we sent them there to ask for some reinforcements when we go attack Marcus."

"Why??"

"We just wanted to make sure, Jay." Timothy spoke up. "For the chance that things don't go accordingly with the plan. At least we'd have some more help."

"No. What I mean is that why didn't you just tell us. If that's the case then we would have agreed." I said.

They went silent for a few seconds, as if thinking of what to say.

"With what had happened between us and the capital, we thought that you wouldn't agree with us." Bradly said.

Thinking about it, I fully understood why they'd think that. With what happened with the council and pack alphas it would give them the impression that I'd never agree with their plan on asking them for help.

"I don't care about what happened between us and the wolves at the capital." I said. "If it means that we'd have a higher chance of success, I'd gladly ask for their help. Especially now that we learned about Marcus's other army. There's no room for self pride during war."

They gave me slow nods after I said this. "You're right. We should have just told you all."

"No matter. With what I heard from downstairs, they denied your request. Am I right??" I asked.

"They did." Garreth said before nodding which resulted in me giving out a stressed sigh as I combed my hand through my hair.

"What did they say??" I asked, turning towards the warlock and two wolves.

"They said they can't risk the capital's safety. Turns out, they're being attack very frequently. They're having a hard time defending the capital from Marcus's forces." Anthony informed all of us.

"Well we can't worry about that anymore. If the council decided to not help us, then we can't count on anymore of their help." Maddison said beside me.

"She's right. We should just focus on the plan. It WILL work. I'm sure of it." My brother said. Trying to lift the mood.

"My brother's right. We have to trust the forces we already have with us." They all nodded  their heads. "Is there anything else we have to discuss about?? How about the families of the warriors and casters. Are they coming??"