Chapter 66

Leo's POV

When me and my mate along with Tracy got back to Marcus's camp, we could feel suspicious eyes looking at us as we walked through the camp.

But we didn't care. We had to prepare for what we gad planned together with Darryl, Jayden and Maddison.

But I was also worried. Part of the plan included that Miya had to get close with Taylor. Befriend her.

You might ask why I'd be worried about that. That should be easy, right??

Wrong..

Cause from.what Miya had told me and from what I'd gathered while I worked with Taylor betraying Jayden and the others, is that she's not stupid.

She's not easily trick. Well, other than here mate tricking her about the ritual.

But still, she'd be suspicious of my mate when she'd suddenly want to be friends with her. Cause she knows how much I hate her guts.

I then felt a hand hold mine. From the sparks I felt, I knew that it was Miya so I turned to her, giving a smile.

"I know what you're thinking." She said. "Everything going to be fine. Don't worry, alright?? I'm a rogue wolf. I may have some tricks or two." She said before looking ahead of us.

"There she is." She gestured at Taylor who was sitting alone on the steps of a cabin.

"Lets go." She pulled me. "Remember what I said, okay?? See you later Tracy."  We parted ways with the female werecat as we made our way towards Taylor who gave us a raised brow when we came up to her.

"What do you want??" She asked.

"Where's Lucas??" I asked.

"I don't need to tell you that, cat." She said in distaste.

"I'm just asking." I said through gritted teeth, trying my best to stop the growl that wanted to come.out of me.

"Whatever. He's at my cabin, sleeping. Happy now??" Her annoyed expression made it clear that talking with me was the last thing on her want list.

"In her cabin?? Alone?? What if he woke.up and you're not there??"

"Look I just wanted some rest okay?? A time off at being a parent for just a few minutes. Its hard enough that I'm the only one taking care of him."

I just wanted to shift and snap her damn neck by this point. She had the nerve to be fucking tired when Jayden was the one who was raising Lucas as a single father. And here she was complaining even if she just started taking care of her own pup for a few days.

"Being a parent is a full time thing. No time offs." Her eyes flared when I said that but even if she was about to say something, Miya cut her off.

"Leo, give her a break. She's just stressed okay??"

"Stressed?? Miya c'mon. Jayden raised Lucas as a single father for more than a year now. She doesn't have an excuse!!" I said and my mate gave a scoff.

"Taylor's still adjusting to being a mother, Leo. You need to cut her some slack." Said wolf looked shocked that Miya was defending her.

"Ugh, whatever. I'm gonna go. You can stay here with her if you want, I don't care."

It felt utterly wrong to say that to Miya, but still I left without looking back.

When I was out of sight of them, I then started to call put to Miya's link.

"I hope it works.." I said as I waited for her reply.

"It is. We're having a conversation right now. He saying some things that are making it hard for me to not attack her."  I chuckled at that.