Chapter 60

Maddison's POV

After the whole ordeal in the dining hall, I made my way to my mate's room trying to think of what I was going to say to him.

I felt so many emotions through our mate bond and I wanted to at least try and make him feel a bit better though I doubt it because of his situation at the moment.

I knocked on his door a few times but there was no answer. I knew he was inside for I caught his scent, but there was something else I caught other than his woodsy smell.

I slowly opened the door and my mate's scent along with the smell of smoke hit me.

He had his shirt off, facing his back towards me with a cigarette in hand while looking out of the window of his room.

"Jay??" I tried to call him but he didn't answer. So I gently closed the door before making my way towards him.

As I did, I saw a mark on his right forearm which brought back so many memories. It was the mark given to him when he was seven years old.

The mark of an Omega.

When I reached him, we both stayed in silence for a while. Mainly because I didn't even know what to say to him, but to my surprise he was the one who spoke first.

"I haven't felt like this since I was still Silver Moon's pathetic little omega. Hopelessness. I really don't know what to do anymore. Whenever I face another problem I always pray and hope that after I get through it, I'd finally have some peace but..." He sighed.

"The Goddess, along with the Fates, really love seeing my pain."

Listening to what he was saying, I felt his pain. His frustration. Leaning my head on his shoulder as he took another puff on the cancer stick, I started drawing gentle circles on his back using my fingers which earned a shudder from him after wards.

"Problems come and go. But you don't have to face them alone, Jay. Many of us are with you. Me especially." That made him look at me. "I'll never leave you alone ever again. I love you, along with Lucas like he's my own pup. We're going to get him back. And we're going to put a stop to Marcus once and for all."

He threw away his cigarette before turning towards me, bring his hands to hold me cheeks. "This war..." He sighed. "I don't want to lose anyone I care for. Not only because of Marcus but I'm scared that I'd be the one who'll hurt you all in the end." He said as he looked down unto the floor, in the verge of tears. "I'm scared."

No words could be said, so I did the only thing that I could do.

Placing a hand on his cheek, he slowly looked back towards me on feeling the sensation. And without another word, I went on to place my lips on his.

A few seconds passed and I started to fear that I had made a mistake. But before I could pull away, his arms snaked around me as I felt him kiss me back.

Softly at first, but as the seconds passed I could feel the gradual increase of intensity which resulted in me clinging unto him as the only solid thing in this dizzy swaying world.

His insistent mouth parting my shaking lips, sending tremors upon tremors through my nerves as I felt a sensation that I had long since missed.

My heart beat quickened as well as my knees buckling when he gently pushed me up against the wall of his room. The slight taste of the cigarette he had, mixed with that of my mate's sent shivers through my spine.

Intense minutes passed and the need for air became too much. We both breathed heavily as we both tried to catch out breath, looking into each other's eyes.